ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 5-speed wrx. I was driving my car and everything was normal. I parked it for a few hours then when i drove it again the clutch felt completely different. The clutch was noticeably lighter when pushing the pedal in. It also squeaks when depressing it, like a hinge that needs to be lubed. I don’t remember it ever squeaking.

When I lift off the clutch pedal I can feel it start to engage at 90-95% up. Before It started to engage at around 50% of the way.

I don’t know why it changed like this. I have been trying to figure it out. I recently got the car. I’m not the most experienced with troubleshooting manual transmissions. Everything I could find just said “your clutch is shot.” But it’s suppose to be new, and I haven’t been abusing it. Any information would be appreciated.

·
11,226 Posts
Supposed to be new and is new are two different things. You can try to bleed the clutch as well. In general if you are not experienced with a manual transmission you'll smoke the clutch in no time.

However none of this rules out improper installation, a sudden drastic change would lead me to either a massive clutch failure or failure in the hydraulic system for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts