·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not at all. I have probably only done 6 hard launches (and not drag launches either) the entire time I have owned the car. It has never been to the track and has never been raced.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was just wondering since I got an email from a friend who had a friend with a WRX. I cannot confirm this memo as I'm lazy :).

MEMO:

...did you see the memo tha Subaru of America put out about the WRX? They were talking about it on the MR2 board (one of the guys on there has an MR2 and a WRX). He said his dealer showed him the memo, which was specifically about denying warranty work if there are signs of the owner racing/abusing the car. Here's the part of the memo he posted:

"A. It should be assumed that vehicles with damaged 1st or 2nd gear have suffered this error due to driver negligence.

B. A repair should not be warrantied if any modifications to the powertrain/driveline, including non-OEM wheels or suspension modifications, have been made. The suspension and wheel selections have been made by SOA to protect the driveline.

C. Many symptoms are indicative of customer abuse, including a shuddering clutch when cold. "

After reading this email and then hours later, seeing your post got me worried. Hopefully the clutch thing is a defect and maybe a recall if its a major issue. I don't have this problem yet ad I only have 6k miles since last July.

·
2,210 Posts
The guy who (supposedly) actually saw this memo at a dealership posted the entire story over on I-club. Do a search.. There's also at least two threads over there tracking owners experiences with the 1st/2nd gear failure issue, and how their dealerships are handling it.

-Pace

·
895 Posts
yeah, that memo has been out for quite some time. a few wks ago, when i took my car in to get the power steering fixed, the guy was telling me about how they dont fix 1st gear under warrenty....WHAT BS!!!!

...thats wrong for so many reasons

1 - 8 of 8 Posts