ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just enabled Forum Runner for this community for our mobile device visitors. I'm sure many of you are familiar with it after using it on other forums as well. You should should be prompted to use Forum Runner when visiting Clubwrx on your mobiles. Try it out and let us know what you think!

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
While using forum runner just now I was prompted to use tapatalk :confused:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We still have both running for now. Let us know which you guys find better and we'll see which to stick with. To be honest though, we'll probably switch over to Forum Runner unless there's an overwhelming response for Tapatalk since Forum Runner was just integrated into vBulletin.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
If the final decision is made to move to Forum Runner, you'll probably want to make a Banner announcement somewhere, or start a thread in OT, where a lot of people hang out. I think it's safe to say that we have a number of regulars currently using Tapatalk. (myself included!)

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
If the final decision is made to move to Forum Runner, you'll probably want to make a Banner announcement somewhere, or start a thread in OT, where a lot of people hang out. I think it's safe to say that we have a number of regulars currently using Tapatalk. (myself included!)
+1

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I use Tapatalk, but it seriously has not been working for me at all in the last week. Every time I try to go on it says "Failed to connect to forum, please check with the forum admin if this problem persists"

So if Forum Runner is integrated into vBulletin, I'll start using that.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I use Tapatalk almost exclusively during the day, and I find it much more polished than Forum Runner. If Tapatalk was dropped, I would switch of course, but ClubWRX is the only reason I bought the app.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
I second Rambo's comment. NASIOC uses forum runner I believe so it would be one less app, but I prefer Tapatalk. FR doesn't take advantage of the "what's new" feature as well as Tapatalk. Threads are much harder to find on FR sometimes. I would switch to FR if it came down to it. Although there would be a lot of grumbling on my side lol

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Hmmm...suddenly I'm not that excited about switching to FR. :rotfl:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Hmmm...suddenly I'm not that excited about switching to FR. :rotfl:
If I played with it more, it might grow on me, but Tapatalk has matured from a fairly buggy app to very stable, full featured, and useful. I just don't see the need to switch.

(I only browse the nastysock classifieds, which I use their native app for, I would by no means want teh Club to switch protocols just to ease my browsing of another forum :rotfl: )

Justin, I'm not aware of how hard or server-taxing these app integrations are, but keep Tapatalk around if you can. We like it. :)

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I just recently started using Forum runner for NASIOC.Interface looks better & seems to load faster than Taptalk.

Anyway like Rambo,I downloaded Taptalk to use exclusively on Clubwrx.

PS :Just updated Taptalk for Android and it now has a completely new look.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I currently use tapatalk for ClubWRX, XDA Developers, and 6 other forums I'm a guest at. I like it. I'm not sure if I would like the move to FR. I would more than likely keep tapatalk (since I paid for it), so adding FR would be an additional app. For the time being, I'd like to continue to use Tapatalk.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like forum runner, i usually check clubwrx on google currents. and thats it, for recent posts. ive been using FR for nasioc since i joined that and its so easy. i have not tried tapatalk, and im sure its just a preference because thats what everyone has been using. so if club switches to FR Ill be happy to be able to start using that, but if it stays with tapatalk then ill probably stick with currents to check up to date stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts