ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We will be meeting at Coyote Point in San Mateo/Burlingame at 12 Noon on Saturday Sept. 11th for a BBQ turbo car meet. The NorcalSRT-4 club will be there as well. We are planning on having some sort of a potluck. Bring some sort of dish or supplies.

So far, here is what is being brought:

Hot dogs
Soda
Burgers
Chips
Buns
Chicken

People coming:

KurleeDaddeeWRX
Zoombaru
Madlarkin
StoplightWarrior

From NorCalSRT-4's:
SickenedSRT-4
Warren_vill
440sixpack
knieght rieduz
NINGODOFSIN

This is going to be a nice and chill meet. If you have a bad attitude, don't bring it. Stay home. This is also NOT a streetracing pissing match meeting place. If you are coming to challange someone else to a street race, be it an SRT-4 or another WRX, STAY HOME!!! We don't want that crap at this meet.

If you want to come and have a BBQ, throw a football around, or kick and and talk cars, this is the meet for you.

If you are going to make it, please reply to this thread.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep Yep, Many Nor Cal SRT-4's will be there. There's usually alot of police/ranger presence at this place, so the illegal **** won't go over well unfortunatly. And those of us with lowered cars also know that racing on 101 and 280 is a piss up a tree match.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Right off of Highway 101 in san mateo. North of Highway 92. South of SFO.

http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/smc/department/home/0,,5556687_12305989_12313332,00.html

Directions to the Park

When coming to Coyote Point from the north (San Francisco), use Highway 101 South. Take the Poplar Avenue exit. Turn right onto Humbolt until Peninsula Avenue. Turn right onto Peninsula Avenue. Go over the freeway, and then circle around and into the Park.

When coming to Coyote Point from the south (San Jose), use Highway 101 North. Take the Dore Avenue exit. Immediately turn left onto North Bayshore Boulevard. Turn right onto Coyote Point Drive to the park.

SamTrans buses provide service to key destinations throughout San Mateo County and San Francisco, such as work, schools, malls, civic centers and parks. Please visit SamTrans website to find out how you can take one of their buses to this park.

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
StoplightWarrior said:
I might be there...is it cool for non turbo car owners to show??
ALL clubWRX.net owners are welcome to this meet. Meaning turbo or non-turbo owners are welcome. Please don't bring any e-thugs with you though. This is going to be a laid back meet which involves food, relaxaition, conversation and no-street racing.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
ALL clubWRX.net owners are welcome to this meet. Meaning turbo or non-turbo owners are welcome. Please don't bring any e-thugs with you though. This is going to be a laid back meet which involves food, relaxaition, conversation and no-street racing.
but my only friends are e-thug friends. :(

I won't hang out with someone who doesnt talk sh1t to people online. :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
LOL We talk **** online, thats a fair one.

As for Thug, we just don't want any reason to get thrown out after we all have to plan for this, and pay for parking.

That wouldn't be fair to anyone if 1 person messes up and gets us all tossed.

Other then that, I see only 1 problem. The state has decided they banned all BBQ'in in the parks this weekend. I hope to hell that doesn't go for next weekend as well. If so we might have to re-schedule.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sickened SRT-4 said:
Other then that, I see only 1 problem. The state has decided they banned all BBQ'in in the parks this weekend. I hope to hell that doesn't go for next weekend as well. If so we might have to re-schedule.
That will depend upon the temp. Is it for all BBQ's. or just charcoal? I'm sure there are a few including myself that have a propane smokey joe lying around.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Sickened SRT-4 said:
Nah, we won't need to reschedule, we can just have a peanut butter and jelly picnic. I don't mind no BBQing. :) Then again...I'm vegetarian.

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Zoombaru said:
Nah, we won't need to reschedule, we can just have a peanut butter and jelly picnic. I don't mind no BBQing. :) Then again...I'm vegetarian.
That's what garden burgers and tofu chicken patties are for.

Is there a lot of trees by the BBQ pit at Coyote Point? That would be the Ranger/Cops only concern. If not, then we really have nothing to worry about. And if it is a problem, we could move this to Red Morton Park in Redwood City. People have BBQ's there every weekend. You also don't have to pay for parking and if you bring your skate, there is a skatepark there as well. And there is always plently of parking.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Zoombaru said:
PBJ rules!!!!!!!:rotfl: I got the Mac&Cheese:cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts