·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Actually you know I'm feeling some love at the end of that thread :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Automobile Magazine, 8/02

Senior Editor, Mark Gillies: "My main problem with the RSX is that WRX offers far more room and performance for the same price."

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Re: Automobile Magazine, 8/02

palaban said:
Senior Editor, Mark Gillies: "My main problem with the RSX is that WRX offers far more room and performance for the same price."
We need a track day at Atco, MIR, or 12/24 to HUMILIATE THEM.

I'm think November time frame. When I raced one at Burke Lake, it was a joke. If only Carl hadn't switch off the camera for that due to LEGALITY. :rolleyes:

-Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Man...those RSX guys are full of it!!! He said he noticed a big difference with the prototype headers? :confused: I had a GSR before and headers didn't do squat for me... Maybe I'll ask him to race me since he lives around the area I live in...

~joe

·
Registered
100 Posts
they can kill us on top end. don't be so easily fooled the RSX is TERRIBLE from light to light

but i watched as my friends RSX ran an LT1 trans am from a roll several times and neither one could pull on each other.

the LT1 had minor bolt ons (flows and a new filter)

the problem is although torquey they still cant pull themselves off the line.

oh yeah...and they are broken from the factory.

somehow their rear diffy broke and only the front wheels spin. sounds like a factory defect to me
:eek:

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Bah...there was a multipage thread on RSX vs. WRX before. We're beating a dead horse.

-Josh

·
Registered
74 Posts
Milin said:
oh yeah...and they are broken from the factory.

somehow their rear diffy broke and only the front wheels spin. sounds like a factory defect to me
:eek:
HAHA! That's funny (and I'm not being sarcastic)! :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just to give you guys a little bit of a reality check RSX's can be made to be faster than a WRX (WRX with a bad driver [heh]).

Case in point. I went up to Bandimere this past weekend to run my car (best of a [email protected] with a 1.91 60' for the weekend) and one of the team races I lined up with the president of clubrsx.com.... pretty nice guy btw. He was pushing a 75shot, intake and headers OH and he weighed in around 2500lbs WITH HIM inside the car btw!!! I weighed in at around 3150 with me inside (almost empty tank + spare and back seat removed).

SO anyway we lined up and I pulled a lousy 2.1 60' vs. his 1.9 60' and I ran a [email protected] to his [email protected] (WOW I forgot he trapped so low... damn 60' [heh]). BUT he did cross the 1/4 mile finish line first. Have to give him props to better driving skills than I :). I think he also mentioned that earlier that week or last week he was running a 100shot on his gutted typeS and he ran a 13.1 I think it was!! That is VERY impressive for altitude.

But this story here is probably just a bad case of WRX driver being new to AWD launching + new car + potentially bad driver ;). Out of ALL the WRX owners I personally know in Colorado (probably around 20+) I would have to say I only know about 2-3 that can REALLY drive/lauch/take advantage of AWD well (phast and wrxharvey come to mind). I on the other hand SUCK [heh]... but at least I am getting better and can laugh about it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
davidm_sh said:
SO anyway we lined up and I pulled a lousy 2.1 60' vs. his 1.9 60' and I ran a [email protected] to his [email protected] (WOW I forgot he trapped so low... damn 60' [heh]). BUT he did cross the 1/4 mile finish line first. Have to give him props to better driving skills than I :). I think he also mentioned that earlier that week or last week he was running a 100shot on his gutted typeS and he ran a 13.1 I think it was!! That is VERY impressive for altitude.

But this story here is probably just a bad case of WRX driver being new to AWD launching + new car + potentially bad driver ;). Out of ALL the WRX owners I personally know in Colorado (probably around 20+) I would have to say I only know about 2-3 that can REALLY drive well (phast and wrxharvey come to mind). I on the other hand SUCK [heh]... but at least I can laugh about it.

Cheers.
So, he is heavily modded and I am heavily modded. At 60' above or 5800' above, a [email protected] is impressive??!!?? Check your NHRA correction factors again, Dave. Pace, Phast, Nathan all bust out high 12s??!!? :confused:

-Jim

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
This is getting absurd. The RSX's dont' claim to bring the heat in MY presence NEVER. My only surprise at the track was a yellow ITR that runs [email protected]+ all the time NA.

When I meet a Type S and compliment, they say thanks. When I tell them what I drive, they praise the WRX or back up and walk away.

-Jim

·
Registered
176 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:

So, he is heavily modded and I am heavily modded. At 60' above or 5800' above, a 13.1--[email protected] is impressive??!!?? Check your NHRA correction factors again, Dave. Pace, Phast, Nathan all bust out high 12s??!!? :confused:

-Jim
When I was typing 60' I was refering to 60 foot times on 1/4 mile timeslips... the first 60 feet of the track that your car gets timed through. Not 60 feet above sea level so much. And yeah I think a 13.73 is pretty impressive for a NA car with a 75shot (granted it was gutted TO HELL and back but still). Considering phast ran a [email protected] with a turbo car (at 18-19psi) PLUS a 70shot?!?! He has an extra ~18psi of turbo boost on top of what the RSX guy had.

And I don't care what the NHRA correction values say when you are talking forced induction AND altitude I don't think ANYONE knows the correct correction factor... but that is just MHO ;).

·
Registered
176 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
Hey Dave.

Um, hate to break this too you, bud.

http://www.atcorace.com/directions.shtml

ATCO IS SIXTY FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL.

-Jim
Just one question... when and how did ATCO get brought into this? Was this when you were saying that you don't care if you are at 60' or 5800' above sea level with ATCO and Bandimere respectively?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
davidm_sh said:
Just one question... when and how did ATCO get brought into this? Was this when you were saying that you don't care if you are at 60' or 5800' above sea level with ATCO and Bandimere respectively?
Right. It's the only way to compare the times. You have to correct for atm. pressure. Mile high at Bandimere is a BEAUTIFUL track, but Atco and Englishtown, NJ are the fastest in the NHRA (AFAIK). Ya dig?

-Jim

·
Registered
74 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
I think the killer said it best with:

Hehe, yes, we ALL know that it is physically impossible for a stock WRX to lose to a modded RSX. :D

teh WRX can nevAr lose!!

PS Fastest RSX on ClubRSX is [email protected] on a 75 shot. Now, that time might not be fast enough to beat you, but it should be able to edge out a stock WRX... barely... if the WRX driver sucked. This is just FYI, not trying to take ANYTHING away from the WRX.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not trying to hate on these RSX-S's but they are not that fast. All the ones I come across either do not want to run or I just kill 'em...YES, even on the highway @ speed...but then again, I'm far from stock.

~joe

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.