ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, the car is FINALLY cleaned up some. Looks good. Time to go home. No problem...it's a short trip, I'm in a good mood and have no loose objects in the car to worry about.

Damn, stopped at a light. Wait, it's about to turn...and these two idiots are running it. Yeah, you know what? HONK! How ya like that?? Jackasses. No problem...happens all the time...just stop signs from here on out, won't be a problem.

Stop, no one at any other sign, so let's rock. WOAH! What the hell? This angry looking guy in a new Stratus ran CLEAN through the sign to my right and into my path! Not cool! Long HONK for you, *******! Yeah...stayin' on the horn.

Well, jackass jacks on the brakes and comes to a stop, opens his door. I wait to see what he will do. Having had kids try to jack my car before and some *******s attack me last Halloween, I wasn't too terribly afraid of the punk in a new car with bling wheels, expensive cell phone, designer clothing and not a CLUE as to how to drive. So he closes the door again and lets off the brake but idles forward so I rev hard at him. So the stupid funker jacks on the brakes and gets out of his car.

Being thoroughly tired of this brainless ass, I just pull around him and make sure to look him in the eye while giving him a huge thumb's down while passing by him while he stands outside his car wondering what the hell he should do. Then, I wave to all the people on the porch of the group home type thing across the street. The giant jackass gets back in his car and takes off after me, with the group home people pointing and laughing.

Next stop sign, I wait until late and jack on the brakes. Once the ******* comes to a complete stop, I motion with my hands that we are at a stop, then point forward, indicating how one makes use of this teh stopsign thing. Once he looks thoroughly mad, I start moving again, very very very slowly...almost hoping he'll follow to my favorite little windy road. Instead, he plays the part of the puss I knew he would be and just turns off without using his signal, looking really mad that I ruined his day by not letting him run a stop sign.

I don't know what the deal is with people like that but it seems some people feel entitled to do whatever they want, our safety, their safety and all our property be damned. Hopefully they get theirs one day and ram another such person while both of them are violating intersections with stop signs.

Sorry for the rant. Thought his tough-guy act was highly amusing since it didn't move me or change my course of action in any way since I've dealt with dickless *******s like that before.

RN

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
when people get in their cars they are usually in their own world. Of course as selfish as most people are many think the road only belongs to them. I can't deny not being like that, I'm sure that I've had my stupid moments on the road a time or two. . . but you have to watch out for road ragers. To begin with people feel that they're untouchable in cars, throw in a hot temper on top of that and its a recipie for disaster.

I'm one of those people, I'm usually pretty calm but I've got an explosive temper. Even more so when someone's ****ing with me on the road.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BrianH said:
when people get in their cars they are usually in their own world. Of course as selfish as most people are many think the road only belongs to them. I can't deny not being like that, I'm sure that I've had my stupid moments on the road a time or two. . . but you have to watch out for road ragers. To begin with people feel that they're untouchable in cars, throw in a hot temper on top of that and its a recipie for disaster.

I'm one of those people, I'm usually pretty calm but I've got an explosive temper. Even more so when someone's ****ing with me on the road.
Yeah, but with me, I'm an EXTREMELY defensive driver. I won't break a law like running a stop sign or light and definitely won't bother another driver until they've done something to me. The only problem is, my reaction tends to be quite violent when provoked...usually by nasty tailgaters. This one was mild because the guy thought he'd scare the little white kid into letting him run the stop sign and it didn't work, so he backed down. Had he chased, it's quite likely he would have ended up in a ditch on my windy road (simply because his car is no match for mine or his driving a match for mine).

When I drive, I don't notice other people in cars because I'm so focused on the cars themselves and getting places without incident.

RN

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
thats really really sketchy territory. the last place i want to start fcuking with someone is on the road. i'll get on the horn or throw a finger, blast by them, but thats about it. i'm kinda paranoid about road rage, and have known people to recognize a car later and do something to ruin the paint or slash a tire. not cool.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigd said:
thats really really sketchy territory. the last place i want to start fcuking with someone is on the road. i'll get on the horn or throw a finger, blast by them, but thats about it. i'm kinda paranoid about road rage, and have known people to recognize a car later and do something to ruin the paint or slash a tire. not cool.
Well, that's why I only blasted the horn and avoided using my middle finger or speaking to him. But what he did could be considered sketchy. ;)

RN

·
Registered
289 Posts
you are brave my friend...i hate it when people blow stop signs as if they are VIP and do not have to yield to anyone....but dont you know people carry guns these days? :eek3:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
The "youth" in my neighborhood literally run stop signs all the time at high speeds on purpose with no headlights at night because this shows how "tough" they are.
No, I'm not kidding.

·
Registered
465 Posts
cyrilgrey said:
The "youth" in my neighborhood literally run stop signs all the time at high speeds on purpose with no headlights at night because this shows how "tough" they are.
No, I'm not kidding.
hmm... smart. i bet they are gonna feel real tough when they t-bone a car and kill the passengers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
control your road rage... even if someone did something wrong to you... and you get angry at them, just let them be... because if you fight back with em and they follow you... (unless your a cage fighter strapped with a 9mm then you can just do whatever you want i guess) a lot of people can snap due to a stressful day at work or just built up anger from everyday living and end up doing something theyll regret and youll not like at all... so the road is a dangerous place because people tend to snap while road raging it happens. god bless

and just because you ignore the person if they flip you off or honk you to death doesnt make you less of a man... just a smarter one

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
wake2snow5 said:
hmm... smart. i bet they are gonna feel real tough when they t-bone a car and kill the passengers.

tell me about it. i need to move.

i just hope they're the ones getting t boned in that case. time to get an old lincoln town car and go moron ramming, possibly.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MisterFast said:
control your road rage... even if someone did something wrong to you... and you get angry at them, just let them be... because if you fight back with em and they follow you... (unless your a cage fighter strapped with a 9mm then you can just do whatever you want i guess) a lot of people can snap due to a stressful day at work or just built up anger from everyday living and end up doing something theyll regret and youll not like at all... so the road is a dangerous place because people tend to snap while road raging it happens. god bless

and just because you ignore the person if they flip you off or honk you to death doesnt make you less of a man... just a smarter one
Honking at someone for endangering my life isn't road rage. It's what the horn was built into the car for: to warn other drivers, usually in cases where their actions may lead to injury or death, such as in my case where he needed to know there really was another car there. It's a sad day when people are so afraid of each other they won't even use their horn properly because they think it's road rage and therefore let others walk all over them and endanger their lives to avoid this EXTREMELY slight, VERY remote possibility that the guy is some sort of maniacal killer. What I did was proper use of the horn, then an extremely good job resisting flipping the guy the bird or saying something to him or getting out of my car. Had he chased me, no, there's no need to be a cage fighter or have a gun. As the police have told me, thanks to the car I have, simply outrun them. Hence heading for an extremely familiar, unused windy road. Largely because I've had people react violently before or try to jack my car or attack me while in my car, I responded the way I did, because it was the absolute SAFEST way to go.

This is a case of pretend road rage on the other guy's part and proper driving on mine. His reaction amused me, since it was pretend road rage. It also annoyed the hell out of me that he would endanger my life and property to get somewhere faster, then act like he was going to start something with me because I wouldn't take it. That's why I wrote about it. It does go to prove how scared the public is and how little they know of road rage, as well as how little they know about how to react, considering suggestions were to either take it or carry a gun so I can kill the guy.

And for the kids running stop signs at high speed: :eek3:

RN

·
Registered
575 Posts
How did he even hear the horn? The stock wrx horn stinks...lol. Iv got the hella supertone :wiggles:. He probably would have crashed thinking a firetruck was coming at him if you honked at him with these horns, which from the sound of it would have been a good thing.
You did the right thing by not engaging him. We are lovers not fighters ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
03WRX_Fl said:
you are brave my friend...i hate it when people blow stop signs as if they are VIP and do not have to yield to anyone....but dont you know people carry guns these days? :eek3:
ditto. Once I saw an enterprise car rental guy have a gun below his seat :eek3: You gotta be careful with these punks.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not a clue if WRX and STi horns are the same but his reaction says he heard it and didn't appreciate that I pointed out his illegal and dangerous action.

Oh, I also know where he lives. The stop sign he blew through is a block from his house. He spent the weekend using a different car and used a third car to park to hide the Stratus, which has been parked since the incident.

I guess I use these threads as examples. People tell me to encourage the dangerous and illegal behavior these people exhibit by allowing them to do it without any consequence. I DON'T let it go, have a very minor incident where I come out on top, the person doesn't do it again. Noticing a pattern... If we all sit and do nothing, afraid of everyone around us, these sorts of people will get BOLDER and not only continue in this behavior, but they will get WORSE because they believe that anything goes. Personal experience shows me that NOT taking it not only prevents them from going on to bigger, more dangerous acts, but also corrects this particular dangerous act. Don't be afraid! That's what gutless wonders like this case thrive on. And the number carrying guns is so small as to be insignificant, plus those that do carry guns have only a tiny percentage willing to use them in a situation other than being threatened themselves. If you live afraid, you're not living.

Sorry for the rant.

RN

·
Registered
5 Posts
damn i know. On the news here in Denver I here about roadrage all the time, last one I remember a guy got shot and killed in a Blcokbuster parking lot because of a door dent. Really makes you think twice before messing with a possible retarded psycho in another car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
No offense man, but the safest way to go probably would've been to just drive away after the first time he got out of his car. That's someone who's pissed at the world and is looking for someone to take it out on. But, every situation is different I suppose. I know my aggravation with bad driver's has gotten the best of me at times.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ScreaminDemon said:
No offense man, but the safest way to go probably would've been to just drive away after the first time he got out of his car. That's someone who's pissed at the world and is looking for someone to take it out on. But, every situation is different I suppose. I know my aggravation with bad driver's has gotten the best of me at times.
He stopped so short the first time, I couldn't get around him. The intent was to get him out of the way, whether in his car or not, enough to get by him and it worked. Plus the first time, he only opened his door, didn't actually get out. He and his buddy in the car thought it was funny to try and intimidate the little white kid. They're totally harmless idiots, just annoying. But see how NOT taking it and NOT being intimidated has convinced them to not do it again? They moved the car last night so it's not hidden anymore but still haven't driven it again.

RN

·
Registered
245 Posts
Bro, they ran a stop sign. They are well aware that that was illegal and know they are wreckless drivers, and dont care. You didnt teach them a lesson by holding the horn, revving at them, giving the thumbs down, jamming on your brakes with them coming up behind you, etc. In fact, you responded to their jackass driving with road rage, exactly the wrong way for a self-proclaimed EXTREMELEY defensive driver to react. Unless you left out a part of the story about why they would be pissed at you in the first place, then they simply ran the stop sign and would have kept on going had you not held the horn and further escalated things.

You hoped he'd follow you to your favorite windy road? You want some idiots running off the road and dying, trying to keep up with you? Dont "wait until late and jack on the brakes" and you wont need to worry about being chased. Is it coincidental that you have all these stories?

Control yourself. Use your head. Punks with rims and designer clothes are who you should most worry having guns or doing something stupid, dont give them a reason. Chill with all the "if you live afraid, your not living" bs. We're not talking about conquering fears or standing up to high school bullies. We're talking about irrational behavior, on both sides and how a simple traffic infraction could have become much more serious. "see how NOT taking it and NOT being intimidated has convinced them to not do it again?" lol Just cuz they havent driven a car in a couple days doesnt mean you've changed the world buddy, gimme a break.

I dont mean to come off so harsh, and Ive certainly let my anger get the best of me in similar situations too. But Im not tryin to read a thread about a fellow ClubWRX member dead or hurt over some bs like this. Next time just laugh to yourself at what bozo's they are, and go on your merry way.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ervv173 said:
Bro, they ran a stop sign. They are well aware that that was illegal and know they are wreckless drivers, and dont care. You didnt teach them a lesson by holding the horn, revving at them, giving the thumbs down, jamming on your brakes with them coming up behind you, etc. In fact, you responded to their jackass driving with road rage, exactly the wrong way for a self-proclaimed EXTREMELEY defensive driver to react. Unless you left out a part of the story about why they would be pissed at you in the first place, then they simply ran the stop sign and would have kept on going had you not held the horn and further escalated things.

You hoped he'd follow you to your favorite windy road? You want some idiots running off the road and dying, trying to keep up with you? Dont "wait until late and jack on the brakes" and you wont need to worry about being chased. Is it coincidental that you have all these stories?

Control yourself. Use your head. Punks with rims and designer clothes are who you should most worry having guns or doing something stupid, dont give them a reason. Chill with all the "if you live afraid, your not living" bs. We're not talking about conquering fears or standing up to high school bullies. We're talking about irrational behavior, on both sides and how a simple traffic infraction could have become much more serious. "see how NOT taking it and NOT being intimidated has convinced them to not do it again?" lol Just cuz they havent driven a car in a couple days doesnt mean you've changed the world buddy, gimme a break.

I dont mean to come off so harsh, and Ive certainly let my anger get the best of me in similar situations too. But Im not tryin to read a thread about a fellow ClubWRX member dead or hurt over some bs like this. Next time just laugh to yourself at what bozo's they are, and go on your merry way.
Their car still hasn't moved. Keeping one car, but not the driver, off the road isn't changing the world and I'm not claiming to. But he obviously doesn't think he should be out in that car since it's his regular car. He lives nearby and I see it a lot, so yes, I know which one he drives. :rolleyes:

What I did was not road rage. As I said before, I used my horn for its intended purpose. I only revved to try to get him to move. To be honest, he reacted in a way I didn't expect him to. What I did was RIGHT. I did not encourage his behavior, as you apparently would, by letting him do as he pleases. People like him honestly do think if they get away with something, it means that it's okay to do that and then they push it a little further. If I had reacted as you would have, and simply taken it, he would have determined that it was OKAY to run a stop sign in front of me. Given that state of mind, what about next time? What if he doesn't have that little bit of space or I don't notice him running the stop sign? He'll think it's okay and the result will be an accident. By allowing someone like that to do as they please, you ENCOURAGE lawless behavior and encourage him to step further into dangerous driving. Being afraid encourages lawlessness. It's not some macho high school crap like you mistakenly think.

I find it somewhat offensive that you think I DESERVE to have people do this to me because I react to it AFTER it happens. Your REACTION to an event does not CAUSE that event. I can't travel in time. Even the concept of his action being the result of my reaction is ridiculous, childish at best. Also, I cannot be responsible for the independent actions of another person. I'm not God. Would you like the situation more if I sat timidly, slammed the brakes, came to a stop in the intersection, smiled and apologized to him for HIS behavior? Or maybe I should apologize to the person he kills in an accident he causes because he got the impression that running stop signs was okay and had no consequences. If someone intentionally runs me off the road, would the appropriate response be to sit and cry in the car or to go get their tag number and call the police? Personally, I'm going to do the RIGHT thing and show them there are results from their actions.

Come up with all the BS you want to justify being timid. Watch movies and see all these chases and gunfights on the road and think that every other car has a weapon in it. Let people walk ALL OVER you. That's your deal. But doing what is RIGHT and preventing potential future SERIOUS disaster is more important than being afraid of someone that is EXTREMELY unlikely to be armed (I'm more likely to be, actually) and less likely to use a weapon. If there were NO consequences for our actions, our society would collapse. It's called ANARCHY. If everyone thought like you, that's what would happen. I am not going to wait to see the accident he caused because he thought it was okay to do as he pleases. Given how he at least feels guilty, as he has parked the car for over a week, I have a feeling he'll think twice before doing it again. It may be a small one but I have made a positive difference. You must keep in mind that he's thinking YOU could be armed as well. You also have to look at results. Every single time, I've prevented something worse from happening. Every single time, the other guy that starts something or tries to do harm to me is a blowhard. I've learned how to tell who is what kind of person. Numerous times I've seen people that ARE the kinds to pull a weapon or actually ram other cars. I don't mess with them. I've even seen some of them go on to do things such as RAM other cars.

Until you know me, please do refrain from being so critical. There ARE consequences for our actions and I don't allow someone to endanger my life or others' lives in the future if I can prevent it. Next time, he could cut it too close and hit a FAMILY. There is no macho BS. I'm a short, lightweight guy and if you saw me, you'd never think macho and I don't either. The image doesn't fit so I don't try for it. If you get beyond thinking on the high school level you want to put me on, you'll find out that what happened did for reasons far beyond image. Such things are done SOLELY for safety concerns and to do my small part to keep errant drivers in line. If you don't like that, that's fine. If you want to let them have their way with you, that's fine. But I will not and being told it's the only way because YOU are afraid of something that is so unlikely to happen is insulting.

Have a great day. If you want to discuss encouraging lawlessness by rolling over for others, PM or email me. While the design of a forum is for feedback and communication, such personal beliefs and such need not be thrown in everyone else's face. I also don't want this to turn into a pissing match where you tell me doing the right thing is wrong and I have to repeat myself. I've seen it before, I know what you're going to say, please don't waste my time.

RN

·
Registered
160 Posts
rpfride said:
You did the right thing by not engaging him. We are lovers not fighters ;)
i'm a fighter, not a lover

if i were you, i would have gotten out of my car and messed that idiot up :baaa:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts