Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this problem?

When I am going into a driveway and one wheel is lifted when going really slow, I hear a clicking sound from that wheel when I accelerate. "Like clickity clack, clickity clack!" - Dave Chapelle as Tron.

2017 WRX Premium

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,759 Posts
Besides properly grading your driveway what you are hearing is the abs system coupled with the insane torque on the body

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Registered
365 Posts
By "one wheel lifted," you mean like coming in at an angle to a steep drive say the front left hits the slope first and is therefore higher than the rest? Or you actually have one wheel off the ground?

Off the ground, Then XJ is right. Your driveway is stupidly steep. Either the dirt workers were worthless or the engineer.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suspension on the wrx 2017 is so stiff that it feels like one wheel is actually lifted or isn't touching the ground. I'm probably not wording this correctly.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

· Water.....sometimes waves
2,183 Posts
Your wheel is not actually off the ground. You'd be scraping plastic pieces if going over such a steep area as to cause a wheel off the ground. It may "feel" like it, but its not. Jack you car up sometime and watch how much downward wheel travel there is; there is a lot. I experience a creaking/clacking when going in a very tight turn at low speeds sometimes. Its normal.

· In Æternum
23,698 Posts
I concur on the ABS hypothesis.

If your WRX is manual, the AWD system is pretty low-tech. There's virtually nothing mechanical stopping the torque from "leaking" out of the lifted wheel. This is where the ABS system (in the form of the VDC) steps in to try and move the car forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.