ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a single "click" noise when I accelerate from a stop. It's just from a stop and only happens one time while in 1st, then not any more until I stop and it happens again. Does anyone have this problem and/or any ideas what it might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated

by the way my car is bone stock 4EAT <(obviously)

·
Registered
100 Posts
where is the sound coming from??

i'm getting this sound that comes from by the driver side door. like a piece of paper flicking in the wind or something. only when i accelerate though. the sound is very very faint i can only hear it if i put my head down towards the vent on the driver side by the door. i have an aem intake and a HKS catback. some say it's the cats or having metal stuck in there. but i'm not sure and the sound is just loud enough to annoy the hell out of me.

please help!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
You guys get that too? I was just about to ask my dealership to fix. I thought it might be a belt. Seems to happen only at low RPMs and clicks faster as the car moves faster. I guess that's why I figured it was a belt. Anyone have a fix?

·
Registered
100 Posts
i dunno i'm scared to bring it to the dealer not sure if they're mod friendly or not. let me know what they say after you bring it in.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I used to get some clicking under WOT, I'm pretty sure it was some detonation because it was no longer there after a reflash. I described it before as sounding like arcing electricity.

lqqkqik: get rid of the intake and see if anything changes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
did anyone find anything out about this clicking? i get it too under wot, sounds like it comes from passenger side rear, i can really hear it with the rear windows down. usually getting on the freeway next to the wall but it dosen't start till i hit 5000rpm . :confused1

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm getting a single "click" noise when I accelerate from a stop. It's just from a stop and only happens one time while in 1st, then not any more until I stop and it happens again. Does anyone have this problem and/or any ideas what it might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated

by the way my car is bone stock 4EAT <(obviously)
i am having the same issue, please help!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm pretty sure the problem I was having was detonation, it didn't happen all the time so I'm assuming it was the california piss water gas, It made that sound with and without the catback, after getting a accessport I never heard the sound again, engine management is so important with a subie ill never do a engine mod without some sort of e.m.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts