Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad said that the other day he was listening to these Massachessettes know-it-alls, and he said they were ripping on the WRX. Not in a bad way, but they were seriously questioning why a nice, friendly, AWD car company would go and make a crazy fast, ultra light car like the WRX. He said they thought that for the size of the engine and the forced induction system it has, it was ridiculously fast and overpowered. Hearing this brought a smile to my face, "Yeah, you're right dad, It's a monster of a car thrust-to-weight wise :)"

Did anyone hear this show and get some details that I missed? And also, what sort of parents would name their sons Click and Clack?!:confused:

·
1,379 Posts
They have a thing against fast cars in general. :rolleyes: I heard one show where one of the guys said all cars should have not only their top speed limited to 85mph, but should also have acceleration limited to 0-60 of 8 seconds or so. :mad: Apparently we all really need to be protected from ourselves.

Other than that very big flaw, I think they're fun to listen to, and sometimes you get good technical info on their show.

Also- don't know if you were joking or not- but their real names are "Tom" and "Ray".... Click and Clack are just nicknames.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Car Talk is a great show!!!
What do they call themselves? The "Tappit" brothers??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts