Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I'm missing another thread on this.

I haven't even got to 1 year yet & I'm noticing quite a few chips. I have tried to find someone in my area to wrap my car but only seem to find advertisement graphics places. I have found a few in mid/southern Ohio but would like to find something closer.

· Registered
304 Posts
I am on month 3 and my hood and a few places on my rear passenger door are riddled with chips. I know of a place in Sterling Heights, MI that does good work, but that's about a 3 hour drive for you

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be more willing to drive 3hrs for a place that has a recommendation than for one I know nothing about. The closest to me seems to be in Columbus. I did find a graphics place that may do clear for me but I'm not certain they would do a good job. I need to get the chips fixed first as well. Come to think of it, getting a chip on a 3hr highway ride is quite likely.

Thanks!

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a place about 45min from me. I have a good place to fix my paint issues but kind of contemplating doing it myself. It wouldn't be too hard to pull the bumpers/trim if I take my time.........I think:/

· Village Idiot
3,468 Posts
There are a few good places down here in Columbus that do clear bra's. However, I would recommend calling your local Subaru dealership and ask them where they have their cars done for customers.

· Registered
304 Posts
Alternative, they have clear "professional grade" plasti-dip. Might be more cost effective to use that after getting the paint fixed. Ask if they could spray the plasti-dip like they would paint

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have seen qite a few clear bras in my area that end up with a serious dirt outline. I thought about it & if I were to go that route I was thinking of ordering enough clear to do the front, hood & rear. Columbus is about 3hrs from me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I thought about plastidip, not yet sold on it though. Thanks.

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Sorry if I'm missing another thread on this.

I haven't even got to 1 year yet & I'm noticing quite a few chips. I have tried to find someone in my area to wrap my car but only seem to find advertisement graphics places. I have found a few in mid/southern Ohio but would like to find something closer.
The advertisement places should be able to do a standard vinyl wrap as well. Also, look into "autoflex", like plastidip but way better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.