ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one cleared their Subaru headlights (gotten the orange off)? I heard the method of taking the lights out and baking them in the oven at 200 degrees for ~15 mins. Do I only have to take out the bulbs, or do I have to take the headlight apart? Any other input would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleared 'em!

Spent some time clearing my headlights last night... and here they are! It's such a subtle difference but I think it looks MUCH better. Love it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've done a lot of searching, I just want to know if anyone has had problems with their cleared lights? Mostly have you ever gotten the housing fogged up from rain or humidity?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine have been cleared for a couple months now and it's been in rain several times and many car washes. I have had no problems with fogging or condensation.
If it helps, I know some have added additional sealant (like that 3M strip stuff) just to be safe. Personally I didn't use anything extra, I just tried to leave in as much as the original sealant as possible.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I cleared them also and they foged up . so i had to re do it and then i put extra sealnt on them and it has been 3 days and they have gbeen good so long as you seal it right it will work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts