ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I installed a clearbra on my hood and fenders this weekend. It came out great! You can hardly tell its there on the blue. I've got the entire front-end, mirrors, headlights and fogs done on my SpecV. I cant say enough good things about this stuff! I had the SpecV professionally done for $420, but for the WRX I just bought the hood/fender/mirror kit for $110 from the Xpel website (www.xpel.com). Anyway, just thought I would share... :cool:

·
Registered
189 Posts
2003WRX,

Got any close-up pictures of your Xpel install on the WRX?

Since the front end bra and bug deflector are "no-no's" for the WRX's...I'm willing to try other options.

I was thinking of either doing this myself or having it done professionally.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have pics of the clearbra on the WRX yet, but all the pics of my Nissan (in the sig) have the clearbra covering the entire front-end. You can see a faint line on the hood in a few of them where the sun hit it just right. Overall, you cant even tell its there. You've got to get right up on the car about 12" away to see the lines. This is a good link with pics to give you an idea.
http://www.xpel.com/gallery.html

I wouldnt mess with doing the front-bumper yourself though. It looks to be very tricky with the shape of everything. I was only willing to do the hood and fenders myself... if I decide to do the front-end, I'll have a pro install it for me. My hood came out great. It took about 45 minutes total and I did an awesome job if I do say so myself. If you are going to do this yourself, I'd recommend buying the same kit I did for starters and working with that to get a feel for the material. All you need is a spray bottle of 1/2 and 1/2 water/alcohol, and one full of water with a few large drops of baby shampoo. Oh, and some patience... ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Check out www.stongard.com. for all your paint protection needs. IF you wanna protect from rock chips then here is your answer to all you rock chip needs.

·
Registered
191 Posts
For people that have this on their cars..... does this affect your waxing and detailing? if so, how?

·
Registered
262 Posts
The StonGard product would not effect the finish of your paint. It would enhance the finish because of the clear coat surface. As far the detailing and waxing portion the only thing you would have to be careful of wax along the edges. You would have to be careful in those areas, but you can wax the product just like your paint finish. It is also guaranteed not to yellow and it will not alter the appearance of the paint (ie paint fade)

:)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts