ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever thought about taking all of their Emissions junk off their engine. I want to do it but I don't know what all i can take off and the car will still run right. I know that I will get a CEL for doing this but I want to clean up the engine bay. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Like the AC and other "useless" stuff ;) I know what you mean. But it's scary to remove stuff when I don't know what it all does :)

Sorry can't help much, but subscribing to the thread :D

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Roffa said:
Like the AC and other "useless" stuff ;) I know what you mean. But it's scary to remove stuff when I don't know what it all does :)

Sorry can't help much, but subscribing to the thread :D
AC is hardly useless here in North Carolina, but I'm also interested in this thread...;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I never quite understood some people's mentality on things like removing AC. I mean you're driving a nice car, things like AC are good to have. If you were really that hard-core on performance you would buy a 1g DSM for 2k, strip all the seats except for drivers, and all the interior body panels out of it for weight savings. Slap a 50 trim on it alongside all required supporting mods and tune it with an SAFC, and for roughly 6-9k depending you would have a 400+whp car that would be ugly as sin and probably run low 11's/high 10's

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Kutarkvalidus said:
I never quite understood some people's mentality on things like removing AC. I mean you're driving a nice car, things like AC are good to have. If you were really that hard-core on performance you would buy a 1g DSM for 2k, strip all the seats except for drivers, and all the interior body panels out of it for weight savings. Slap a 50 trim on it alongside all required supporting mods and tune it with an SAFC, and for roughly 6-9k depending you would have a 400+whp car that would be ugly as sin and probably run low 11's/high 10's
AC weight alot and is not used much by all.. I never used my AC on my audi, and does not use it much on my rex. Getting rid of it will lighten the car, and free up space in the enginebay.

1G DSM suck.. So why not do both.. Lighten the car as much as your willing without sacrificing all the comfort.

My goal is a semi race / semi show 500whp almost stock looking rex. The only thing giving me away would be the racing seats and rollcage :D (Not in yet, but I'l getting there soner or later)

Besides 1/4 mile is boring.. Never understand it.. It's no fun compared to a twisted track.. Thats when you really are using the car.. ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to the owner of Kingpin Performance here in AZ and he said he would help me take all the Emissions junk off my car. As for the A/C its going to say for now I live in AZ where it is a million degrees all the time. As soon as I get it all the emissions junk off I will post it on the forums.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Stripping everyting out of your two year old (or less) expensive car has to be the worst idea I can think of. Plan on getting $0 back on your purchase when you are ready to get something else. As suggested by the other poster, get something older to strip down to a bare unibody with drivetrain or just give me 25 grand. I'll be happy to kick you in the nuts. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't see where I wrote that I wanted to strip my car down to just bare unibody with drivetrain. If somebody could find where I did I would get them 25 grand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts