Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent all day cleaning the car.
My process was as follows:
1. wash
2. clay bar with supplied quick detail spray
3. wash

at this point i noticed the detail spray for the clay bar stained the car.

4. paint cleanser

oddly enough, this worked on the hood. no problem. took the stains out, came right off. when i got to the trunk, it *would not come off*. the cleanser that is. neither would the stains from the detail spray

what to do now?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Did you do this outdoors or indoors? You're supposed to put things like wax, polish, detail spray, etc. indoors or in the shade. . .otherwise, the sun can cause problems. I would take it to a professional detailer and hopefully they can buff it out.

Calvin

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was outdoors in the shade, no sunlight on the car.
tomorrow i'll get to see how bad it looks in the full light of day

·
Registered
19 Posts
cyrilgrey said:
I just spent all day cleaning the car.
My process was as follows:
1. wash
2. clay bar with supplied quick detail spray
3. wash

at this point i noticed the detail spray for the clay bar stained the car.

4. paint cleanser

oddly enough, this worked on the hood. no problem. took the stains out, came right off. when i got to the trunk, it *would not come off*. the cleanser that is. neither would the stains from the detail spray

what to do now?
OUCH man...whatever happens I hope you can get it out! Good luck with it all, geeze that sucks... :(

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Wow- that sucks- make sure that you're not only in the shade, but that the car has been in the shade for a while, so the paint isn't still real hot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You don't need to use the stuff in the bottle. Just take regular water and add a little bit of windhshield cleaner (no ammonia!), approximately 10:1 (water/windshield cleaner) and use this as your lubricant. After claying, wipe down the portion with a soft cloth or just take the car back out and hose her down. Teflon or wax when you're done.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Clay bars are a little tricky to use. I use the Meguiar's clay bar and Final Touch spray once a year before polishing and waxing. The trick is to keep the clay bar warm. If it's cold, it will leave a touch residue on the paint. It looks like a mark made with a crayon. You can use the clay bar to take it off, but it will take a little work. Spray a lot, make sure the clay is warm, and don't press too hard. When my clay gets cold, I put it in a zip lock bag, seal it, and put it in the sink with hot water for a few minutes.

Once you get use to it, you will always use it before polishing. You can really feel the difference before and after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts