You are right. A buyback should occur. 1500 is a slap in the face.I'm not arguing that a buyback should likely occur at this point, but that's not what is being discussed at this point. $1500 when OP decides to trade in seems reasonable, but a greater allowance, or buyback also seems reasonable considering what the OP has shared. In the range of appropriate actions it seems what SOA has offered at this point is within the range of acceptable offers. It's on the lower end and the OP should likely keep pushing for more, but realistically full buybacks are extremely rare and the OP may not be fully eligible.
I would encourage the OP to talk with a local ambassador and their local dealer. If others are able to help out they would be more likely to get closer to the buyback option they are looking for. The dealer can reiterate that they have tried everything and the issue is not the OPs fault, and an ambassador can possibly add a $500 coupon which would bring the current offer to $2k.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk