ClubWRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm wondering how much struggle it is to get one of these going. I think Audi deserves one for it's wheel bearing design lol so many forum posts of them needing replacement in under 40-50k miles

·
Master linguitist
10,105 Posts
I'm wondering how much struggle it is to get one of these going. I think Audi deserves one for it's wheel bearing design lol so many forum posts of them needing replacement in under 40-50k miles
Extremely difficult. You basically have to have proof of a design flaw, or a known production issue. Otherwise it just goes to litigation and dies.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Extremely difficult. You basically have to have proof of a design flaw, or a known production issue. Otherwise it just goes to litigation and dies.
Probably not worth the time to be the initiator, unless you have some serious issues as a result of it. I'm still waiting to hear back on if Audi is covering it or not. I think it should be both being replaced but I don't want to push it lol

but anyways, subbed. I want to hear this outcome

·
Registered
180 Posts
40-50k life on a wheel bearing isn't that big of a deal to me. What's a wheel bearing fix $200 on an Audi? It's not something bthsts causing mass catastrophy due to a development flaw.

·
Registered
304 Posts
mine is getting replaced at 30k... and they are tearing it apart to see if they will warrant it or not. the part is $270 but then you have to pay audi labor rates. We're talking $700 or more per bearing. According to their part site, this goes on 80 vehicles.

Wheel bearing life is normally in the 100k range, so if we're talking about replacing them 2 or 3 times as often at $700 a pop it adds up quick. Its not normal, I just don't have money or time to worry about it especially when it's the first time for me and I bought the car pew-owned.

·
Registered
304 Posts
has the audi otherwise been pretty reliable besides the obvious wheel bearing stuff? The guy at the audi dealership keeps trying to put me in a S3 or S4 lol.
Couldn't tell you lol I've had it for 40 days and it's been in the shop for various reasons for 18 days. A fuse went out and the motor in the passenger mirror assembly seems to have shorted out. But it seems like there's no major issues. If you're buying new, the wheel bearing is the only thing I've really read about being a common thing for the post 2017 models

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm driving an A4 as a loaner currently. Personally I don't see enough difference in the cabin space to justify going up to an S4. The only justification is the motor. Supercharged V6 vs turbo 4 in the S3. It's only .1 or .2 seconds faster to 60 as well, and when you're already under 5 seconds, most won't notice that lol

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
So i spoke with a SOA rep who had been reviewing my case for the last week and she said this
"I apologize for the concerns that you have experienced. I understand that you have requested to get out of the vehicle when it is returned to you. I would like to provide $1,500 as an owner loyalty incentive toward the purchase of a new Subaru. If you are interested, I can have this mailed or emailed to you, whichever you prefer."

Now 1500 is nowhere near the number i was expecting in a bad way so responded with
"I did mention that I would like to possibly get out of my vehicle and into a new STi or Wrx if the incentive was good enough. I appreciate the 1500$ offer but you cant really sneeze at a car like mine new for less than 37k. I had sacrificed alot to get it and its been nothing but a nightmare. It really honestly made me reconsider buying another subaru and i had been a loyal subaru owner since 2004. I think if the compensation doesnt go up i wouldn't be able to buy another subaru both from my experience and financial standpoint."

I think it was fair to request more than 1500$ which would get me maybe acouple of floormats and some cupholders LOL. hopefully she reconsiders.

·
Registered
304 Posts
She said 1500$ is the max they will offer, yikes
That's crazy low, especially considering you put $1k of your own money into this new engine.. effectively making that offer $500.

Honestly at this point, I would consider getting free lemon law consultation. From my basic understanding of how it works, you would qualify. This is the 4th time and they aren't willing to make a better offer than that, then go for all the money. It of course depends on your patience level and time you have to invest in the process if the lawyer says you have a case.

·
Registered
482 Posts
That's crazy low, especially considering you put $1k of your own money into this new engine.. effectively making that offer $500.

Honestly at this point, I would consider getting free lemon law consultation. From my basic understanding of how it works, you would qualify. This is the 4th time and they aren't willing to make a better offer than that, then go for all the money. It of course depends on your patience level and time you have to invest in the process if the lawyer says you have a case.
Assuming he bought the car new (maybe he said earlier in the thread and I forgot), this is a very good idea. $1,500 is insulting.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think the main difference here is that the $1500 is not a buy back. It's extra cash towards a new car. The OP would still be able to trade or sell his old STi to come up with the difference. It sounds like a better offer would be ideal, but I don't think it's unreasonable. I've heard of others getting up to $1k towards a new Subaru.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think the main difference here is that the $1500 is not a buy back. It's extra cash towards a new car. The OP would still be able to trade or sell his old STi to come up with the difference. It sounds like a better offer would be ideal, but I don't think it's unreasonable. I've heard of others getting up to $1k towards a new Subaru.

Correct, its not a buyback at this point. But if they don't want to play ball without going through all the hoops then might as well make it a buy back situation. No reason bravo should take a hit for Subaru's engine failure issue

·
Master linguitist
10,105 Posts

You are out of your mind if you think that is remotely reasonable for a car that has gone through 2 engines

·
Registered
518 Posts
You are out of your mind if you think that is remotely reasonable for a car that has gone through 2 engines
I'm not arguing that a buyback should likely occur at this point, but that's not what is being discussed at this point. $1500 when OP decides to trade in seems reasonable, but a greater allowance, or buyback also seems reasonable considering what the OP has shared. In the range of appropriate actions it seems what SOA has offered at this point is within the range of acceptable offers. It's on the lower end and the OP should likely keep pushing for more, but realistically full buybacks are extremely rare and the OP may not be fully eligible.

I would encourage the OP to talk with a local ambassador and their local dealer. If others are able to help out they would be more likely to get closer to the buyback option they are looking for. The dealer can reiterate that they have tried everything and the issue is not the OPs fault, and an ambassador can possibly add a $500 coupon which would bring the current offer to $2k.

·
Registered
180 Posts
lol engage a local ambassador. okaaaaaay.

1500 is bs for just spending 1k to have it built again. I was thinking they would offer something more in the range of 3-5. that would be more like spit on your shoes instead of spit in your face.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts