Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, I didn't race this car. I saw it on ebay and I thought it was great. This guy has a turbo civic he put $93,800 into. I'm betting that it only makes 200 whp or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2451593347&category=6256

So my question is- why waste money on this? Yeah, I'd be willing to bet that it handles, brakes, and takes off well. But I'd also bet that a STi would school him. So what could I do with $94,000?

-Buy a WRX brand new, give it to easy street and get a 760 hp engine build (+$30,000), Some suspension mods and bam. $60k and its way better. Take the remaining $38,000 and buy an Sti for daily use and also take a month long vacation to anywhere you want.

-Or buy 3 Stis. Take one and absolutely gut the interior for track/drag use. The other two can be your 1) daily driver 2) special occasion car. :D

-Buy a used WRX sedan, TXS Stage IV + FMIC + Headers + nitrous, 18" prodrive wheels and tires, Tein SS coilovers, Cobb stage III big brake kit, Stage III drivetrain for about $35,000 total . Spend the remaining ~$58,000 on a Z06 corvette or perhaps the new lotus elise and a civic for a daily driver. :)

-Reserve a spot on the next Russian rocket (so you an go into outer space). You can get that for 100Gs right?

Doh! This guy is clearly insane and must immediately be taken to a mental institution. I don't care how much you put into your civic, you really only impress a select number of like-minded individuals. The rest of us understand the limitations of a FF economy car. Appraised value- $63,000 by whom? I think he is in for a reality check because right now the highest bid is 14,000 which is barely more than the car would be stock. I should buy this thing and part it out but I don't want to waste my time. :tongue:

BTW I have an e-mail into the seller asking if they have any time slips or dyno charts for this beast. I told him I was "very interested".

·
Registered
21,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hahaha $93,000, first off that would be ludicrous to spend on a civic or any FWD car.

And second i dont see $93,000 in anything there.

Either way its a piece of trash that needs to be taken out with the rest of the rice.

·
Registered
648 Posts
That thing is NOT worth $93,000 or even $63,000. My PT has most of the interior done, practically all of the exterior done, suspension, electronics and enough parts to build a wholly new engine, along with a turbo kit and wasn't anywhere near HALF that Civic. :rolleyes: ...and my PT is selling for more, haha.

RN

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
renichms said:
That thing is NOT worth $93,000 or even $63,000. My PT has most of the interior done, practically all of the exterior done, suspension, electronics and enough parts to build a wholly new engine, along with a turbo kit and wasn't anywhere near HALF that Civic. :rolleyes: ...and my PT is selling for more, haha.

RN

i cant believe im saying this.... pics of pt?

·
Registered
648 Posts
ebr0t said:
i cant believe im saying this.... pics of pt?
I think I've left its old site up but the pics are out of date and, obviously, my thinking has since changed. ;) http://mephisto.schoolsubjects.com/

Minor changes to the box in the back have been made with no pics, fog lights added with no pics and tons and tons and tons of engine parts have come in but not all of it has been installed. Plus the air ride is waiting to be pulled out in favor of springs before it sells. The small screens in the pics have been moved as well...some show pics might show where to but I'm not sure. As for being a show car, I still like the PT but I won't be putting a body kit on a car of mine again, nor will I ever use air ride again.

RN

·
Premium Member
19,094 Posts
I can appreciate the work done, but not the platform it was done on, but to each his own. One thing I've learned, never throw good money after bad. I could throw 50k in a Kia rio, but it will always be a Kia rio. This thing is only 15 minutes from me. I'm really tempted to go look at it it find out where over 90k was spent.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, so here is what I can tell so far-

Most of the products are from big honda names like Ractive that charge big dough for fluff. He also has some JDM stuff like a skyline body kit (if you believe that). Apparently, this car is over $100Gs if you count the origionally purchase price. Yeah, it could be a lot of labor charges too. You'll also notice that he's just got a LOT of crap. I'd be willing to bet he has MORE GAUGES than his turbo puts out PSI. I find the car just a tad tacky myself. No small wonder he has no sponsors- he's got a ridiculous amount of $$$ invested and no trophys or big 1/4 mile times to boast of. We'll see, i haven't got any e-mail yet...

·
Registered
600 Posts
haha.... it's sad to see someone waste so much money making their car look even more ugly. I rather drive a stock Civic than to be rolling around in that rice out one getting laughed at. Also, I can't believe there are people bidding on it.... :barf:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll give him this- nice wheels and killer brakes. I think the engine could have some potential but he didn't list any form of engine management. Hmmm... also I didn't notice any drivetrain enhancements. I'd take a stock civic with those brakes, some of the suspension and engine stuff, he just went crazy. Yes, it is sad. And BTW, I am not a civic or a Honda hater, heck I'd like to have a civic to keep miles off of the REX. But i wouldn't rice it out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Um Engine mods, anyone!?!?!

Does anyone else notice the lack of thousands of dollars of engine mods!?!?!?

I mean, its a Greddy turbo kit for sh#ts sake. WIDELY available and AFFORDABLE!!!. No internal modifications, is the engine even built? My good friend had a Drag stage III kit on his SI total invested after the purchase of the car was only near 10-15k with complete built engine, trans, driveline.

I am guessing this guy spent 93k for body work?!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
it looks nice but why did he not buy lets say a wrx? and mod it hehe and i think he put way to much mnoey into it...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts