ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if other people have experienced problems when using this gas... I've filled up twice on it in my stage 2 wrx and both times it caused problems. The car would sometimes cut out for a quick second while cruising and I lost A LOT of power. Everything fixed itself once I filled up on some other fuel and ran a little ways through it. I will NEVER use Citgo again.

·
Registered
0 Posts
you sure it wasnt just the station you put the gas at ?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
CITGOs are rare in my area but if I do find one and need fuel I definitely use them. Never had an issue.

·
Registered
656 Posts
thats why I stick to the bigger gas stations and never have any problems, first choice is always chevron, then shell, then 76.. if I can't find one where I'm at I'll just fill up enough to get me to a good gas station.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I almost exclusively use Shell in my STi. If I can't find a Shell, then BP works fine too.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I used Citgo in my boat once and it caused it to run on like crazy. If you know anything about an I/O boat, you know that's big trouble for the water pump. I'll never put that crap in anything I own again. I've been using Shell in it since without a problem.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I only buy Shell in my town. My dad always says it doesn't matter but something just always tells me to just go with the better stuff.....but when i'm traveling I just usually get whatever if I can't get Shell. Cheap insurance (that is if the gas reallly is better:rolleyes: )

thanks for the info, I won't buy Citgo

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
94oct Sunoco fuel is all my suby sees:)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
94 is overkill. unless you're tuned on it.
i hope to have a 100+ octane tune over the summer.
I've never even seen anything over 91 octane for sale. :unhappy:
definately none at any normal gas stations where I live.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
94 is overkill. unless you're tuned on it.
i hope to have a 100+ octane tune over the summer.
+1 I am tuned for the 94oct, but before I had the protune I experimented with speedways 93oct and Sunocos 94oct and found i got a little better MPG with the 94oct and about the same performance and both were almost always the same price per gallon.
But if you have no tune or are running on the 93 maps, 94 may be overkill:)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
haha. this is why i will never go to california. and also why i rev at priuses
Apparently they have a lot of high octane gas readily available all over the So. Cal. region like in Los Angeles, but I live in a rural mountain region so it's a no go here. :mad:

Damn Prius's lol ugh so ugly.
Just the sight of one makes me wanna get a black smoke spewin' diesel.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Citgo seems to be all over the place out here on the westside chicago so alot of times thats where I fill up but I know afew people that only go with mobil. All I run is 93 thats what im tuned for.

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Apparently they have a lot of high octane gas readily available all over the So. Cal. region like in Los Angeles, but I live in a rural mountain region so it's a no go here. :mad:

+1

·
29,233 Posts
The amount of money that is spent on advertising fuels as "the best" for some reason or other and/or some magic ingredient or other alone ought to lead one to suspect all fuels are essentially equal as delivered.

·
29,233 Posts
OT but you may soon be able to do both in a diesel hybrid VW.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
There's a Citgo station right down the road from my house, so I often times fill up there. Otherwise, I try to find a Hess. There aren't too many Sunocos in my area, but if I'm less than 3/4 tank, I'll stop (I hardly ever dip below 1/2 tank).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts