ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey mates! After recently purchasing my 04 WRX (which i love), there of course a couple of minor complications that I need to take care of. If you have any knowledge, it would be greatly appreciated! The cigarette lighter doesn't have power. I was wondering if the best diagnosis is to simply replace the fuse, or if by chance it's a common problem. Same thing with the fog lights, they won't turn on, and I can easily replace the fuse, however if the fuse doesn't solve the issue, is there another easy fix?

Thanks in advanced!!!

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Well, first things first, check the fuses. If they're okay, then we can try diagnosing from there.

Electrical issues can be some of the more complicated ones to track down, though. Just to give you some fair warning.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I've had the power wire disconnect from the back of the cigarette lighter a couple of times, so that could be the problem. But obviously I'd check the fuse first. It's easy to tell if a fuse is burned up, takes probably five seconds.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Next step would be to dismantle the HVAC controls and see if the wire is actually plugged in.. and maybe test it with a DMM.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
if someone removed the console cover, it's easy to forget to plug the lighter socket back in. It's in the back, and looks like an "L" shaped plastic female plug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts