ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you removed the chrome below the windows and painted or replaced them?

I would like to have them black. Im not a fan of chrome.

How did you remove them? What tools are needed? Are there replacements available?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
there are youtube videos to remove the chrome door trim but you still will have the chrome on the rear sail window. You can mask off an area and plastidip them it would be a lot easier. They also have overlays you can also buy

·
Banned
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've never used plastidip before. Im a little worried about how durable it is though. Sometimes I'll use a pressure washer to spray down my car, and I could see it ripping the plastidip right off. I might give it a try because it seems like the cheepest way to go. Not much to lose, except a couple bucks and a couple hours.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Whew, I thought based on this title you wanted to ADD chrome :rotfl:

·
Banned
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whew, I thought based on this title you wanted to ADD chrome :rotfl:
Yea, my mom bought a used Dodge Magnum that looks like it came straight from Mexico. There's chrome everywhere ! I told her to make the dealearship take it all off but they talked her out of doing it.

For me the 5ft of chrome stripping under the windows is too much. I cant stand chrome, it's so tacky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts