Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good websites to research brake pads? I'd like to learn more about each brand's specs, reviews, and where to buy...

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
good to have you back X.

what application are you looking for in pads? DTD driving? track? occasional AutoX?

there is a very large range of brands, price, compounds etc. so this is the first Q you neeed to answer.

dR

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Street/AutoX/RallyX

I haven't done AutoX yet, just thinking about getting into it.

Also, my stock pads are kind of low, so I need to replace them anyway (front and rear). I've heard good things about the Hawk pads, but I've only seem them in fronts. I kind of want to get a front/rear set.

So I know that I need to look for a broad temperature range that starts low and goes high, friction coefficient close to 0.50, and I want something that's not too dusty and has long life, not too hard on the rotors....

Thanks for the link, X...

Platinum - I checked TireRack and it says there are no Hawk pads for 2003 WRX

Edit: RallyX

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love Axxis Ultimates. Great pads, not too dusty, immediate pickup and great heat capability. I've used them for autox/spirited driving for years.

I just got my WRX and that is one of my first mods.

check out www.cobaltfriction.com

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the ultimates on my stoptech's. They dusted like crazy and squealed. Using the deluxe's now, but might try the bobcats soon.

·
1,379 Posts
Here's another vote for Axxis Ultimates. Definately my favorite pad, to date. Quick to warm up, slow to fade, and while they generate a little more dust than stock, the dust is not hard to clean up, like some metal pads are. I'd get 'em.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
element533 said:
Thanks for the link, X...

Platinum - I checked TireRack and it says there are no Hawk pads for 2003 WRX

Edit: RallyX
I don't recall changes to the brakes for 2003. Use 2002 WRX pads.

YOu might want to invest in new rotors also....

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I had axxis ultimates, those things had to have been the dustiest pads I have ever seen, after 3 weeks (the longest I probably go without washing) the inside of the front wheels are black. I actually got a set of the Axis Metal Masters to replace them with since I will be getting some Formels, which will be a pain to clean all that dust out of. I will let you know how much these dust up after a week or so.

Oh yeah, I also heard you nee different pads on the 03's vs 02's.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The '03s use different brackets to attach the calipers and these require different pads. Unfortunately for the '03 people this means that there are currently fewer pad choices out there. The '02 and on RS's use the same pad as the '03 WRX. The '02 WRX uses the same pad as the earlier RS's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts