ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question i have for you good ol' folks here. I have a skunk2 catback, hks bov, and soon a godspeed uppipe and a hks downpipe, and some pulleys. Would it be advisable to get a chip or some sort of engine managment with this setup or when would i need to get something like that?

Thanks, Mike

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
DjKlown said:
Quick question i have for you good ol' folks here. I have a skunk2 catback, hks bov, and soon a godspeed uppipe and a hks downpipe, and some pulleys. Would it be advisable to get a chip or some sort of engine managment with this setup or when would i need to get something like that?
You can run the downpipe and uppipe without engine management, but you'll get much more out of it with a reflash or UTEC. These are safer than using a manual boost controller, though more costly. I went with the Cobb AccessECU reflash, and am very happy with the results.

There is a great debate about whether aftermarket pullies are a good thing or not. Most (if not all) don't have the harmonic dampener that the stock pulley has, and MAY cause problems for your engine over the long term.

You'd be better off selling the BOV; basically all it's doing for you at this stage of the game is adding sound effects. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts