Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new brand of detailing products to use and I cam across chemical guys. Are they worth trying out? Just in overall quality and for mostly just exterior wash and wax.

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
Yeah I know a lot of guys who use their products to great results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
784 Posts
They make great products... their spray bottles on the other hand leave a lot to be desired. They end up breaking half way through the bottle lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Their products are good. I'd support them if you find their videos and instructionals useful. I find their stuff a bit expensive and instead buy Meguires Pro stuff in bulk.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
No it's expensive and has rave reviews because it sucks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just did my winter upkeep with their products. Citrus wash, great, then their claybar...not that it really matters who ya use. Followed that with blacklight which was really nice, and best of all the jet seal next. This stuff made my car look amazing and it will protect for a good while. Finally some butter wet wax. I got their glass cleaner and wheel cleaner too because it was convenient.My car smelled amazing too, protection is top notch. Plan on doing another coat of jet seal and wax in a week or two.

Oh the interior cleaner I have too but have yet to try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before used just meguiars and i switch for chemicals guys and i just use chemical guy great product great price !!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
What products do you guys recommend from CG for detail work and washes? There are so many products they offer. I have a 2017 wrx with 22ple coating, just looking to keep it washed and clean. I imagine with that coating that i won't be putting waxes and such on top right?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My routine, Citrus Wash, Clay Bar Kit, Wash again with citrus, Blacklight (Or use whitelight if you have a lighter color), then two coats of Jet Seal followed by as many coats as you want of butter wet wax. Their wheel and glass cleaners work well too, nothing mindblowing tho. I'd recommend waxing your glass.

Interior cleaner is awesome for dust.

The game changers for me were JetSeal and the Butter Wet Wax. Also they have a cool bucket system I'd look into if you have swirl mark problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My routine, Citrus Wash, Clay Bar Kit, Wash again with citrus, Blacklight (Or use whitelight if you have a lighter color), then two coats of Jet Seal followed by as many coats as you want of butter wet wax. Their wheel and glass cleaners work well too, nothing mindblowing tho. I'd recommend waxing your glass.

Interior cleaner is awesome for dust.

The game changers for me were JetSeal and the Butter Wet Wax. Also they have a cool bucket system I'd look into if you have swirl mark problems.
I picked up the innerclean and the wheel coating for now, and v7 for quick detail. Didn't know if i needed anything else since the glass coating is on. I will be looking into what wash product is safe for the coating. Ill take a look at the citrus wash

·
Registered
33 Posts
I picked up the innerclean and the wheel coating for now, and v7 for quick detail. Didn't know if i needed anything else since the glass coating is on. I will be looking into what wash product is safe for the coating. Ill take a look at the citrus wash
The citrus was is their most aggressive standard wash. They have a less invasive version tho. If you are using v7 id highly recommend black light or white light. They are a well known combo in the detailing world.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The citrus was is their most aggressive standard wash. They have a less invasive version tho. If you are using v7 id highly recommend black light or white light. They are a well known combo in the detailing world.
Ill check it out, so you would place that over a glass coating, then add v7? New to the whole detailing to keep a car nice lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
glass coating as in what? Like a coating on just your glass, or are you talking about the liquid glass product? Ideally the blacklight/whitelight goes on after a claybar so it makes direct contact with the paint. Nothing bad will happen if you apply it over your "glass coating," it is a glaze/hybrid sealant. It is my understanding that you can then go over the whole car with V7, then wax and then use v7 as a quick detailer. You can also use the blacklight/whitelight, wax and then use the v7. Bunch of different ways, all should be safe.

All else fails contact chemical guys support, they'll tell ya. Watch their videos on youtube too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
glass coating as in what? Like a coating on just your glass, or are you talking about the liquid glass product? Ideally the blacklight/whitelight goes on after a claybar so it makes direct contact with the paint. Nothing bad will happen if you apply it over your "glass coating," it is a glaze/hybrid sealant. It is my understanding that you can then go over the whole car with V7, then wax and then use v7 as a quick detailer. You can also use the blacklight/whitelight, wax and then use the v7. Bunch of different ways, all should be safe.

All else fails contact chemical guys support, they'll tell ya. Watch their videos on youtube too.
Yeah its the 22ple coating product, similar to CQuartz, i guess its branded as a glass / ceramic type coating over the paint. Thanks for the info1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts