ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are cordially invited to come to Thunder Valley to provide pit support and cheer everytime I fall/pass/get-passed/lap/get-lapped.

Last time I guess some chicks decided to adopt me as 'their guy' and scream everytime I passed them. In my mind however, I imagined little Zemmy standing at the side of the track, screaming his heart out, waving little Union Jack flags.

But seriously. Motocross is a decent spectator sport, especially given that there will be a few national-circuit riders on the track. Dirt, horsepower, air, and carnage. Our sport needs more exposure, and increasing spectator attendance helps achieve that goal. There's worse ways to spend a Saturday.

-Pace

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
I might be playing golf... but I haven't heard any formal plans from that gang. When, where, and how many Union Jacks do you have?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Isn't that the track right next to Bandimere? The last time I was there was when I was 14 and my dad went jumped his bike (which was scary because he is about 250 lb. and doesn't do that) fell off the back and crushed 2 of his vertabrae.

Back on topic, I would love to go, motorcross is fun to watch.

·
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Racing will start at 9am. I'll probably have one moto in the morning, and one early afternoon. There's a $10 gate fee.

The track is 3 miles north of Bandimere on Rooney Road. This road is closed just north of the track, so you cannot access it from Colfax. The best approach is to take the road up past Bandimere, then left toward Dinosaur Ridge, then right onto Rooney Rd. Alternatively you can come up over Dinosaur Ridge.

If you want to find us, PM me prior to 4pm today and I'll give you my number. Alternatively you can try to find us in the pits - look for a brown Cherokee parked with a red Tacoma. Honda #441 and Kawasaki #419.

:)

-Pace

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I'm SO there. Can't you put us on the guest list or call us pit crew or something? I don't think it's proper for me to pay to watch you flying around in plastic armor and leather boots.

Your number hasn't changed, has it?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I don't think it's proper for me to pay to watch you flying around in plastic armor and leather boots.
Ya know, that's exactly the sort of thing some people WOULD pay good money to see.

;)

·
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guest list... haha. Yeah, maybe if I was a record-breaking pro named Ricky Carmichael instead of a mid-pack novice.

My number is 441. I ride a CR250 (red) and will be wearing all red gear with a red-white-blue helmet.

I recommend you bring a folding chair if you're planning to attend for several hours.

-Pace

1 - 11 of 11 Posts