ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of the awesome side effects of going bald is that your head gets cold and sunburnt. So after a hiatus of hat wearing, I have dove back in. Problem was, I'm not a huge sports fan so it rules sports stuff out. I'm a racing fan but, most racing hats have crap all over them. I'm not a huge fan of rep-ping manufacturers products either. So where did that leave me? Plain colors (which in these parts makes you a gangsta), or make my own. So I made my own on zazzle.com. Heres my latest bald head cover. I Cad'ed the silhouette of a Wrx. My first hat I made was a silhouette of a Ducati monster.

photo-67.jpg photo-68.jpg photo-62.jpg

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,208 Posts
Came out very nice!

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
nice man.. Still should be wearing all red.. but whatev

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I love the WRX hat...how much does that set you back?

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Me = jealous

I'm in the same boat as you....bald, and don't like product hats, and generally don't do the sports hat thing. Now that I know this is an option, I just need to get a cad program and learn how to make some images :)

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the WRX hat...how much does that set you back?
About $20 give or take. Zazzle is always running coupon codes and deals. Usually you can get free shipping by typing in "FREESHIPFORU". They post coupon codes on their website as well as on coupon sites all the time. Usually I wait until I find a 15% off code, then get free shipping.

Heres a link for the hat:

MotoEngin3rd: Home: Zazzle.com Store

When you make something, you can choose to keep it public or private. I make my stuff public so anyone can buy it.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Very cool!

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me = jealous

I'm in the same boat as you....bald, and don't like product hats, and generally don't do the sports hat thing. Now that I know this is an option, I just need to get a cad program and learn how to make some images :)
You don't need CAD, you can use any photoshop type program too, I just happened to have CAD open when the idea struck. The more basic you keep your designs, the cheaper the product ends up being. For example since the Wrx hat is solid WRB-ish it was a couple bucks cheaper than the monster hat which has more detail. Zazzle charges you a 1 time "stitch conversion fee" for a new image. Once you've had it made, anyone can buy it and not pay the "conversion fee". I think the WRX was $5 to convert then $22 for the hat, but I used a 15% off coupon and free shipping. So it was like $22. The Monster hat was like $8 to convert because of the detail, but I bought 2 so they gave me a discount, then they put the monster too high on the hat, so they sent me 2 more for free, which ended up making it cheap. I sold one to a coworker and gave one to my bro-in-law.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
You don't need CAD, you can use any photoshop type program too, I just happened to have CAD open when the idea struck. The more basic you keep your designs, the cheaper the product ends up being. For example since the Wrx hat is solid WRB-ish it was a couple bucks cheaper than the monster hat which has more detail. Zazzle charges you a 1 time "stitch conversion fee" for a new image. Once you've had it made, anyone can buy it and not pay the "conversion fee". I think the WRX was $5 to convert then $22 for the hat, but I used a 15% off coupon and free shipping. So it was like $22. The Monster hat was like $8 to convert because of the detail, but I bought 2 so they gave me a discount, then they put the monster too high on the hat, so they sent me 2 more for free, which ended up making it cheap. I sold one to a coworker and gave one to my bro-in-law.
Yeah...... last night after posting I got a bug to try with GIMP....I now have a silhouette of a 2011 hatch that I am gonna make into one. I will post up images when I get it all done.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
That's sweet.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
And they were delivered today.....

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Ha! Love it.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,208 Posts
I like the hat but object to the notion that anyone here is going "bald."

Eagles are bald.

People here might be going "cabriolet" instead. For example, Patrick Stewart, of Star Trek fame, has full cabriolet hair. Jeremy Clarkson has moonroof hair.

Just thought I'd clarify...

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I like your way of looking at it!

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Links to the image you used?
the original image was a full detailed stock photo, then I turned it into a silhouette and reversed and resized it.

since it came out looking good, I can make my zazzle page public if anyone is interested in getting a hatch hat

·
Registered
439 Posts
definitely. i'd rock the hatch hat....maybe white with a black hatch

1 - 20 of 65 Posts