Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished installing this leather interior that I purchased from ATD. I haven't done the door panels yet, but the cloth in them will be replaced by red leather. What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Max.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Looks GREAT! How was the install? I heard it's not a lot of fun. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
umm ok i just looked at them closer.....i believe i am going crazy.

just kidding guys don't worry

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The install was not really difficult, but it does require a lot of patience. I would estimate it took about 4-5 hours for the back seat and 2-3 for each of the front seats. The hog ring pliers that were supplied with my kit had a manufacturing fault that made them useless, so I used my needle nose pliers instead which worked, but made it much more time consuming. My hands are covered in cuts and bruises! The most difficult thing was figuring how to take the front seats apart!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm really delighted with the results and as an added bonus, the car smells great now:)

Max.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
BlkWRXWag -- does ATD have a website that I can check out?

·
Registered
635 Posts
i just might have to do something like that. i LOVE leather

that looks sooooooooo dope. props man

·
Registered
430 Posts
Good look on those leather seats. For those of us that are cheap I suggest looking at WetOkole neoprene seat covers, as they are far better than regular cloth covers and you can get custom stitching.

Here in Florida and other states that suffer from a crap load of sun, I suggest getting the neoprene as they don't absorb as much heat as the leather.

·
Registered
635 Posts
hey, blkwrxrag, what color black is that, black or graphite, or charcoal?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aha - good question. It's not black, but I don't remember the official name, probably charcoal or dark grey. James at ATD would know the exact name as he recommended it to me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts