Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I just got my 03 silver manual sedan on New Year's Eve.... I know there are a bunch of WRX owners in Vancouver.

So check in if yer from Vancouver. I am more specifically from New Westminster, and I think I am the only WRX owner in New West.

I'm looking for other owners around. Do WRX owners get together?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey.

I'll introduce myself...I'm Brian Broz. I hope you are enjoying your WRX!!! I am, too...5 months now. I'm in North Vancouver, and have a 03 WRX Spec R1 Sonic Yellow. My dad took it for a spin, and bought a wagon 3 weeks later! So 2 WRXs in the family.
So far I have Whiteline springs and Short Shifter, but...I have a TurboXS Stage 2 coming with uppipe, Prodrive Lip, JDM HIDs and more. (I guess I should have waited for the STi, but who knew?)...I'm not changing now!!!
A meet would be good. Probably should wait until the spring, though?!
Anyways, my email is [email protected]
Talk to you sometime!
Later,

Broz

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey.. I guess I'm originally from the Greater Vancouver area... hailing from maple ridge.

02 Plat Silv Wagon here.

presently displaced! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jutus,
Silver wagon...same car my dad just got! IA nice, classy combination
...so was it work or a woman that brought you to Florida! Where abouts are you?
I myself am dying to move/work out of country for a few years:) I lived abroad in Australia 11 years ago, and had the time of my life...If I do move, the car is coming with me!
Keep in touch. Later,

Broz

·
Registered
100 Posts
School took me to Montreal, work took me to Sarasota, Florida, and now a woman taking me back to Canada... Winnipeg, actually.

Getting married in 'couver, though.

:)

Are you a student or is that over and done with?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey,

I don't own a WRX yet but I do live in vancouver. Right now I own a 2001 Civic Si. I should be trading it in around November of this year, then I'll be able to join you guys :)

Oh and I live out in Coquitlam near the Douglas College campus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yo yo yo

i live close to downtown ,, ive got a black auto wrx ,, right now my car is stock,, im waitin on my turbo in the mail and imma do a mega upgrade ,,, downpipe,uppipe,mid and muffler, samco hoses,mbc ,colder plugs, pulley and the all important ihi vf 35 ,, i hope my turbo comes by next week so i can put everything together ,, i hope everything goes well,, if it does imma get some new wheels and springs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah! It's good to see that people are actually posting from Vancouver!!!

There is a blue sedan running around Vancouver with a personalized plate "IMPRZD"... I've seen it a couple times in the downtown area.

Cheers from the New Westminster WRX regiment! I'm fending off all the Civics and GTI's and Preludes in New West!

Going for the first oil change on Wednesday at Specialty Motors... wish me luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I actually saw the same car about a month ago or so. I was driving home on the barnet (my normal commute) we drove the same route in traffic then right around rocky point everyone got stopped by a train. I stayed and waited he spun around and took off. Nice car :)

There's also a blue WRX Wagon on my way home in burnaby around Boundry I drive past it almost everyday. I'm so gealous :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
hohoho... Canadianwrx, I think I saw you once down at Austin Rd.!! I own a Blue 03 AutoRex. If you see some crazy dude doing 90 on hard corners, that's me :) Oh, and I live in Burnaby

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Last week, I drove home from work with a blue sedan... he followed me on Highway 1 from Hastings, until I got off on the Gaglardi/Cariboo exit... I had to slow way the fcuk down for him to catch up to me... the bastid was the slowest WRX driver I ever saw.

Anyway, the routes I normally drive are the freeway from Cariboo/Gaglardi to Hastings exit, then Hastings to downtown. That's for work.

I drive from New West to Port Moody for martial arts along north road, clarke, then St. John's.

For hockey, I take the freeway from Brunette to Planet Ice by the Port Mann bridge. For roller hockey, I drive the freeway from Brunette to Sportsplex in Langley, behind Colussus theatres at 200st.

So, dammnnit, if you see me, flash yer lights, wave, or honk, or something!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You go to Port Moody for martial arts? Is that the "Kumdo, taekwondo martial arts studio?" 'cause I used to go there when I was little... If not.. oh well... I didn't have to drive so much nowadays... being a full-time student, no time to have fun anymore :( anyway~ peace~

·
Registered
3 Posts
me is white wrx in UBC...i live in vancouver east side...(near victoria st.)...

there are lots of wrx here in vancouver, but the spirit is weak here...ppl should start organizing some meets...:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
KIMUTAKU said:
there are lots of wrx here in vancouver, but the spirit is weak here...ppl should start organizing some meets...:)
feel free to organize your meets through this forum, if you end up getting enough Vancouver specific traffic i can make a Vancouver subsection within this Canada forum..

Enjoy...

·
Registered
1 Posts
just signing in,
Stock black wrx wagon, living in North Burnaby, working downtown.
usually have a lab cross in the back, and/or a JRT (the Suby dog-guard is $$ but worth it!). so for the most part I'm another slow 'rexxer, unless it's just me... THEN I take her for a spin...

So who wants to set up a WRX meet? mmmaybe first weekend in March?

– rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
car show sunday march 16th

I'm head'n down in my rex with a big ass gti club to an car show (believe it's all exports but not sure) in tacoma WA. I"ll post more info when I hear about it.

b.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Joris said:
hey
from coquitlam..picked up my 05 wrx a month ago

autorex...i used to go to that place too...maybe 5-6 years ago
Hi there, i live in vancouver ..rupert st. specifically. i got my car 6 months ago..definitely ill keep intouch with u guys..lets do it..lets have a meet n have fun n talked about our cars..im open to anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Specialty Subaru / Motors -- North Vancouver -- Avoid this dealership / service shop for vehicle work -- quality is unbelievably poor and they do not have any kind of Service Recovery Philosophy !

We are lucky we were not killed ! Took our Subaru in for routine service ($1650) which included a brake fluid change - as part of all the fluids be changed out.

The brakes were perfect going in yet failed on the return trip to Whistler -- yup-- Sea to Sky hwy and the brakes go.

We find out it was a Whoooops - the Service tech stripped the part when he bled the brakes and then didn't test the vehicle afterward. Every drop of fluid leaked out.

Steve Skinner the manager says the "lesson they learned was -- they will not do brake fluid changes on cars from Whistler any more because the corrosion can cause the stripping. Still charged us the full $1650 which when I looked into the detail includes a 300% markup on the 'consumables' (the fluids) -- and their service rate is 20% higher than the local Whistler mechanic / shop.

We are just so lucky no one was seriously injured or killed.

Recommend you avoid this place like the plague !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts