Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing around with mt car and I decided to disconnect the factory blow off valve from the hose that routes the air back into the intake tract...I plugged the hose with a piece of pvc pipe that I made...The check engine didnt come on for a couple of days but now it is on and when I try to reset the code it stays off for a little and then just comes right back on and the car doesnt like to idle at all and I just noticed today that if I rev the car and let it come right down the car will stall...I was wondering if anyone else had had this problem or could anyone poit me in the right direction to fix it......also what do the companies do that sell Blow off valve kits about the return hose to the intake

Thanks

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
it dosent like to idle cause there is a vacuum leak when that hose is off...im pretty sure anyway, actually very sure. You are going to have to just reattach the line...why do u have it off anyway?

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
aaronwillen said:
it dosent like to idle cause there is a vacuum leak when that hose is off...im pretty sure anyway, actually very sure. You are going to have to just reattach the line...why do u have it off anyway?
ya...you need to hook your bov back up....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the vacumm line plugged so that there is no leak...or so I think there is no leak...I was wondering..the companies that sell the bov kits what do they do about the vacumm hose leak..I have the bov disconnected so that I could hear the sound when I shift or when I let off the throttle.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The stock BOV just wasn't made to vent to atm. I remember reading some threads a while ago about some guys trying to do the same thing you are, they had the same CEL/idle problems too.

Your best bet is to buy a aftermarket BOV. The Forge BOV is nice and I have heard nothing but good things about it. Check this thread http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18929

A friend of mine just got a GFB StealthFX BOV. It's adjustable from 100% rec. to 100% atm. We had it set at 100% atm and had stumble problems. We backed it off to about 80% atm/20% rec and the car ran great, no problems at all. Fitment was a PITA, the horn on the atm side blocks the bolt hole in the flange. We had to make a notch in the horn just to get the bolt in :mad: Other than the fitment problems and the fact that is cost $260, it is a nice bov.

Here is a link to the StealthFX http://www.spimotorsports.com/Catalog/gfb_stealthfx_bov_1839874.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts