Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out last night to adjust the boost in my JoeP MBC down a bit - It was spiking a bit over 20psi. I must have revved a little to high because the engine stalled a bit and the "check engine" light went on. I pulled the car over to look under the hood. All hoses look to be intact and the car seems to run fine (driving gingerly...). I am still registering boost on my gauge and the car is not running hot. The "check engine" light remains on...Has this happened to any of you? any recommendations....other than to tone it down a bit..
thanks much

·
Registered
218 Posts
you boosted too high and the ecu cut fuel which is what the stalling feeling was. just turn down the boost and reset the ecu and you should be fine.

are there any bad sideffects to hitting fuel cut with to much boost. ive heard that if you boost to much and all of a sudden hit fuel cut you run super lean, and can damage the motor is this true.

maybe he ment that running to much boost in general will cause to run too lean.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks terrible...

should I reset my boost before or after resetting my ECU?
Based on what I've read on some other posts it sounds like I simply need to disconnect the negative battery cable for 30 minutes to reset the ecu? correct?
thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
I would get the MBC all tuned in, then reset ECU. It's not a big deal but it is a pain to redo the radio presets all the time and wait around a half hour for the reset a few times.

Good Luck,
Justin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
engine light off...

Root....Thanks for the reply
My "check engine" light was off this morning
I haven't yet worked on resetting the boost
Since the warning light is now off, I assume I don't need to worry about resetting the ECU once I adjust the boost?
thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
I wouldn't worry about reseting then, just turn down the boost. When I got the CEL from the wastegate it would reset itself after awhile

·
Registered
161 Posts
My check light went off this morning as well with the JoeP. It was in 5th gear and I started flooring it, bam fuel cut and CEL. I kept going and noticed that in 4th gear I would get 17 PSI and 5th must've been a little more. I'll have to adjust mine down as well since the colder, denser air is in effect. But 20 PSI, shoo I would be worried.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts