Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove a wrx today and the check engine light was on - the salesperson claimed there was a 'hold' on the engine which is why it was on - anybody ever hear of this or is that BS?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,726 Posts
Selling a car that does not meet emission standards from a dealership in the US?! Who cares what anyone has heard. Walk away. Buy a legal car instead.

·
Super Moderator
11,426 Posts
It's always a bad idea to buy a vehicle with a problem, especially if you want a driver and are not familiar with the platform.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not familiar with subarus so I thought maybe this was a common thing that I was unaware of. Yeah, there's no way I'm buying a new car with a check engine light on... lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 19 WRX and there was also a check engine light on. It's a fuse that is in new cars and has to be taken out. I watched my salesman take out the fuse prior to me taking it on a test drive and the light cleared. He explained that it comes from the factory like that. I have had no issues or lights. I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Obviously, you should have asked him "What is a "hold?"" It is a very simple question.

You lost a car you were clearly interested in and he lost a sale.

Remember, there are no stupid questions. His response would have been very telling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts