ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. I'm new here. I just bought my WRX and I am really in a bind. I found some really nice looking wheels at a really great price, but I'm not sure if they are decent wheels or not. I am just looking for a decent wheel that is cheap. I don't have much money for extras. I'm basically looking for something to make my car look a little better. Most of the wheels are a brand called ADR. I've heard the name before, but I don't remember if I've heard anything about them. I called the number on their eBay thingy and they seem pretty cool and helpful. They also have really good feedback. I just don't want to be labeled as the "dumb chick" and buy something that is crap. Can anyone help me out? Here's the link to their ebay stuff.

http://stores.ebay.com/Nates-Wheels

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
First post? Welcome to the club! :)

I would not even consider those. Until you can afford some decent to good wheels, stick with the ones you have. What year WRX do you have?

Edit: Be sure to go here and formally introduce yourself: New Member Hangout

·
Registered
68 Posts
Too be quite honest, I have never heard of ADR. But then again, I was never into looks, just performance. Correct me if I am wrong but, those ADRs on the site you proveded aren't exactly cheap.

What size wheels are you looking into getting (this can influence your budget quite a bit)?
Most ppl seem to get 18" for looks (although I highly do not recommend it) and if you want to have a decent size with optimal performance, I would not go over 17 inches.

www.discounttiresdirect.com (Enkei wheels for a decent price // There are others such as 5zigen)
www.tirerack.com (Volks, BBS, Enkei, etc)

You can try looking into Rota wheels =p

Well, this should be a start... I am pretty sure the more knowledgeable members will be willing to add a "few words of wisdom."
I would probably do a little more shopping before making a final decision~ There are many great deals waiting out there for you! :tongue:

*edit* Oh yes, and welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
I'm not a fan of the ADR rims. They are heavy and relatively weak.

They are not unsafe, just not ideal.

Depending on your budget and taste, you may want to consider take off STi or LGT rims, or a set of new(or even lightly used) Rota's.

There are always sets of rims in the For Sale section of the forum, usually for pretty reasonable $$.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
ADR is ghetto

Go to subydude.com and get a sweet set of Subaru specific Rota's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts