ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!!!
I'm a guy who like spoiler on my car. I like my car with spoiler from the start when I was looking for my WRX. That's why I choose the Limited and not the Sti cuz of the $$,$$$$.
So, I just trade my stuff for a Sti spoiler and it's blue right now. My car is a Crystal Gray Metallic. I need to paint my spoiler to match my car. Anyone knows where to get it painted for cheap around here? Let me know soon.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
390 Posts
You couldn't find anyone with a CGM STi spoiler? That sucks :(

It's going to be pretty pricey painting something that large.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
i wouldnt cheap out when it comes to paint. save up and get a nice, high quality paint job.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
humm, there is the place where i got my gorund affects installed and painted on my car.. Thought with a sti Spoiler you have to drill additional holes in your truck and your need some springs for the extra waight on your trunk...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Brock, I would seriously consider selling it, and purchasing a wing and truck lid together, then having it painted, I don't know what exactly goes into it but Rob is correct about the additional springs needed and holes to be drilled. It should be done right or not all, I don't want that thing coming off and hitting my car you know. Or it can blow away!!!! j/k

·
Registered
270 Posts
I went with a sti trunk and spoiler but i didnt have to do anything with springs, it dose close a little quicker then i would like but it stays open still no matter what. I know a place down here that would repaint just the spoiler for about $200. I would take some advise and go ahead and sell the wing and find yourself a trunk and wing together. i do have a shop down here in the portland area that deals with only WRX and STI that have been wrecked so that might be a good place to check with.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just barely got it too. Hope I can find a hook up on a paint job somewhere and see if it worth it to keep or not. Anyone know how many holes are on the wrx trunk? The guy i got it from he said that you can just use the four holes that from the wrx and it'll be stable enough already. Do they match up?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I heard you need to make 14 holes for the sti spoiler, and they do not match up to the regular wing, that guy was wrong. Its Sunday, but tomorrow or Wednesday after new years call pia or someone and ask what it takes, were all hypothesizing here.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
bro hundreds of dollars and 14 holes in the trunk later=STI wing.
You shoulda traded ur CGM wrx wing for a CGM sti wing. U may wanna check into that and try selling the sti wing. Anyways man if you have your heart set into the sti wing in ur car then paint will prob cost a cpl hundred. Labor+clearcoat+paint=pretty penny
Also are you willing to put 14 holes in your trunk?

Let us know what you decide man.
-Daniel

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow.... All these wingless guys are raping me. HEEELLLLPPPP anyone who likes wings? :rotfl:

Yeah, maybe i'll try to post it up for trade. What do you think of the trading would be like? Even trade or I have to add some money for it? I would tip in some money for it and if it's debadged....ohhh man.. i'll tip in some more....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wow.... All these wingless guys are raping me. HEEELLLLPPPP anyone who likes wings? :rotfl:

Yeah, maybe i'll try to post it up for trade. What do you think of the trading would be like? Even trade or I have to add some money for it? I would tip in some money for it and if it's debadged....ohhh man.. i'll tip in some more....
For what straight trade for a wrx wing trunk to a sti wing trunk? Their "may" be money involved usually not though. The ones I see most that want a little money are the wingless for sti wing. There are also a sh1t ton of holes. I'll take a look at mine later and give you a count but its 10+ holes....

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow.. 10 holes.. that's a lil bit too much holes for me. dang... sti wing idea sounds like going down the drain.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
10? I remember mine being 14. Save up and have it painted correctly. It should cost around 300. It would be a shame to see someone spend 25,000+ on a car and put a wing with ****ty paint on it...

·
Registered
180 Posts
10? I remember mine being 14. Save up and have it painted correctly. It should cost around 300. It would be a shame to see someone spend 25,000+ on a car and put a wing with ****ty paint on it...
I meant at least greater than or equal to 10.:baaa:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Taylor and I counted on my wing and we could count 10, but that was in the dark and stuff.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Justice!

·
Registered
471 Posts
17 Holes, holy ish! thanks for info as I was very curious

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow... fux sti spoiler then. I'll be looking at trading trunk then. Thanks for the info everyone. Guess i'll be looking at the sti spoiler and not gonna be tempted to put it on my car now. 17 holes are way too much for me. anyone wanna buy a blue sti spoiler? hhehhehe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts