Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
catless uppipe you can fid a used stock sti one for a good price and a catless downpipe. but youll see the gains with a good tune!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,709 Posts
we cant help you pick out mods if we dont know what you currently have ;]

are you stock? if not post up your current list.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check your local cragslist for a used Catback exhaust, you should be able to find a quality one for 200-250 easily. You can find a downpipe for $100-150 used and a new up-pipe for just over $100 or a used one sti up-pipe for $50. Then a good opensource tune and your good to go! Do not buy an intake unless you are getting yor car tuned for it or you are simply wasting yout money. So basically you get a a stage 2 setup for $350-$500 plus whatever you spend on tuning.

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
YoC1rca said:
-intake silencer removed
-catless downpipe -TurboXS axleback
-Boost increased to 17psi
-XPT Stage 2 ECU reflash
You need to do an uppipe de-cat immediately

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts

·
"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre"
1,274 Posts
These are the mods i already have

-intake silencer removed
-catless downpipe -TurboXS axleback
-Boost increased to 17psi
-XPT Stage 2 ECU reflash

$600 huh?

Uppipe.... Immediately. Anything aftermarket will be fine... or just pick up a used 04-07 STI uppipe, or a used 06-07 WRX uppipe... both are catless...... $50 (ish)

Performance Springs... something GOOD. Prodrive, Eibach... something daily-driverable, but performance oriented. Never buy used springs, never buy no-name springs, and never buy Tein S-Techs...... $300

Boost gauge.... $100

Short shifter - $100

Spend the rest on a decent alignment after the springs have settled.

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
YoC1rca said:
What uppipe would you recomend? also i hear that i will need new gaskets. your suggestions are apprciated!
You'll need to replace gaskets on an uppipe install. On post-turbo items, you can sometimes get away with reusing gaskets, but I wouldn't do it on something pre-turbo.

As for "what brand" you should go with, it depends what you want to spend. Read the thread I linked to, because my stance on uppipes seems pretty clear - if not, go to JSCSpeed and buy any of the ones available there or pick up a Grimmspeed one (I have the Grimmspeed setup). Buying a used uppipe will save you some change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts