Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice, I just got on here b/c i am doing that tomorrow when it quits raining, and didnt remember a post about it - lifesaver!
- DC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Works great!

Thanks for the instructions - just did this myself and it worked great. Took 40mins - 1 hour (lack of experience :) ) The hoses are really difficult to get off of the old fuel filter, but using a large flathead screwdriver worked well. There was very little pressure in the fuel lines when removing the tubes after doing procedure (unplugging the green/white connection, then running the car until it died). I noticed an immediate reduction in the hesitation of my WRX, especially during 2nd gear hard throttle accelerations. I have about 29,400 miles on my '04 WRX wagon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I heard the 2005 fuel filter is in the gas tank? I tried getting under the car and locating it, but was not successful. How hard is it to get to and where is it? Thanks VERY much!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Something that made it substationally easier to get off for me was to take a pair of pliers wrapped in a rag and crush the raised part at the end of the lines. I did that and the lines slipped right off. no screw driver or anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts