ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=174035&highlight=Transmission+fluid+change

There is the one I have used. BTW I belive he says you dont HAVE to remove the IC but I did it and cant think of any other way of re-filling the transmission without removing the IC. Other than that it is stright forward. O one more thing you will need a Torx T-70 bit on the '06 which are not easy to come by or well when I did mine it was a special order tool from the matco tool truck at my work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, umm I don't have an intercooler cause its the 2.5i not a wrx so I don't think that will be a problem. I ordered the part from ebay so hopefully it'll be here soon. Any recommendations on what fluid to put back in, I saw other people recommend mobil 1 75w90 for their wrx's, do I need the same cause my car doesn't handle the same horsepower or torque?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ha ha sorry I thought it said wrx. Well there are so many threads on what fluid to use. I personally use redline. Good stuff I dont have a single bad thing to say about it. Alot of people use Uncle Scottys cocktail. Mobil 1 I have herd mixed things about some people swear by the stuff others say they would never touch the stuff. So not to get contriversial the only one I have used is Redline like I said so I cant say any thing about the others but I love the stuff im using it works great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts