Should i get these XXR?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been looking for an affordable set of wheels and tires for my car that offers good performance and looks. Im pushing 475WHP so was told getting a wide 8.5-9 will benefit my ride. Narrow my search down to XXR and here are a pic i found on google. DSC_0185.jpg IMG_0219.jpg

Top to bottom: TOP XXR i want to get and Bottom is how my STi currently looks. Comments, advice, complaints, lets here them

·
Registered
116 Posts
i like the xxr's... look pretty mean

also, you should give me your sti wing... :wiggles: lol

·
Registered
479 Posts
475!? :eek: lol

I like em, I'd go for it. How much are a set of those?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ebay was selling them for $570 including shipping from Next Level Motoring.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Just my personal opinion but you've obviously spent good money on good mods, why throw on a set of cheap wheels?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True but as i am still paying off those mods these rims will do until i at least get back home. Plan on buying them this friday so any place you guys recommend to buy my tires?? Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
Tirerack has always come through for most people.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Not exactly my taste/style but they're a lot better than what's on there now. Should you buy them solely based on that? I don't think so. If you like them enough though, go for it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I like them alot. MUCH more than what you're running now. get them :thumbup:

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Just my personal opinion but you've obviously spent good money on good mods, why throw on a set of cheap wheels?
I like the style a lot...and I believe I was the one who said a wider wheel would be better for you :p

However I'm with Bo on this...you have a car with great mods and a lot of potential...no point in getting a cheaper heavy wheel if you've already spent the money to have those mods. You'd be better off finding something with a lighter weight so you don't take away from the power getting to the ground. One thing is for certain, please keep in mind a proper offset for correct fitment :)

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man common sense smacked me in the face again! Thanks man i will hold off and just save up some money and buy some high quality wheels. Do you happen to know a good source to buy from?? I am willing to spend up to $3,000 with tires included. Also still keeping with the black look and wide diameter. Thanks

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Man common sense smacked me in the face again! Thanks man i will hold off and just save up some money and buy some high quality wheels. Do you happen to know a good source to buy from?? I am willing to spend up to $3,000 with tires included. Also still keeping with the black look and wide diameter. Thanks
For that price, you're getting into Volk and Rays Engineering territory (a good thing). My best suggestion is check out the Nasioc vendor classifieds, then go to the wheel section. You'll see what vendors have what specials and so on.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I checked them out and wow talked about quality wheels. The way they describe the process of making them sound as complicated as building a space shuttle! I am liking the CE28N. Material is 6061 aircraft grade aluminum. This material is hot forged. 1st forging process is done with pressure of 5,000 kilograms per square centimeter. 2nd forging process is a slow process with 3,500 kilograms per square centimeter.

The lip is also forged to 3,500 kilograms per square centimeter. This allows the wheel to have less material than other wheels, but have more strength and durability.

The wheel's excess material is machined off (to tolerance of 1/100 of a millimeter). Powder coating and clear coating is done by a special proprietary process to ensure long lasting quality and durability.

Checked out the crazy specs lol

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
that's why they are some of the better wheels made hahaha...My favorites are the RE30s.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
So...am I the only one that wants to see a video of this car doing a 1/4 mile? I have 320 at the wheels with very low compression and I think my car is fast...I couldn't imagine 475 at the wheels...

·
Registered
344 Posts
475 WHP and AWD is wicked! Those rims will reduce your "sleeper ability" a bit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts