ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im replacing a gasket on my Turbo XS stealthback.....the gasket is eaither right before the hi flow cat or right after it....how long should i expect the install to take.....what all has to be romoved to do this???

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
??? anyone

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
replacing a gasket only takes as long as it takes to undo a couple bolts scrape off the old gasket and put the new one on.

an hour tops

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Shouldn't take you too long. I have the same exhaust and installed it in a little over an hour down pipe and all so I'd expect 15-20min for a gasket replacement.

I advise ordering the Factory Turbo XS gasket kit. They are definitely superior to anything you can order locally. The whole kit with bolts and all is around $30 and can be ordered from www.worldoneperformance.com. Or directly from turboXs.

Replacing the bolts while you are there is a good idea too, as exhaust bolts are subject to a lot of heat cycling and thermal expansion.

Don't forget to get you a can of PB blaster to help loosen those bolts.

Also be mindful of your o2 sensor.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys!!....i dont need to take off the DP right......

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nope. For a perfect seal, coat the gasket with Copper or Red RTV. I noticed that cramming in a factory doughnut gasket works much better than the flat ones. They tend to leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts