ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to change out my stock brake lines. got a few questions. one, what brake fluid to use? and two how can I bleed them by my self the best way possible?
thanx

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am wanting to know do I use a device or is it just a method on how to?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanx

·
Registered
888 Posts
If you want to bleed them by yourself you should get some Speedbleeders or some sort of pressure bleeding system. Actually I'd get speedbleeders no matter what as they make things so much easier.

As for fluid if you're just going to be doing street driving and some auto-x the cheap valvoline synthetic is a good choice as its easy to find. I like ATE superblue and Type 200 as they're the same fluid but in different colors so its easy to tell when you've gotten rid of most of the old fluid. Motul is also a good choice though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I used the how-to from Stoptech's site...which has torque specs and everything...found it helpful. Its pretty easy, though it takes a bit of time. Basically take off old lines, put on new, bleed system.

As always beware of getting brake fluid on paint. And I found it to be really easy w/ a decent set of flare wrenches for the hard line, and vice grips to hold the stock line from rotating while you wrench on it.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
just did mine a few days ago. I used a device called mightyvac brake bleeder. got it on Ebay for about $30. worked pretty well. make sure you pump the brakes a few times BEFORE you start bleeding the system...takes A LOT less time that way. Also remember to pump the brakes a bunch after you bleed the system too. the vac bleeders make enough pressure to pull fluid through the lines, but not nearly enough to pressurize the system.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanx for the info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts