Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a 2001 Integra Type R in Flameco Black it has 11,800 miles on it he has been to the drag strip once and he
has never done any work to it besides a spoon axle back and a K&n drop in filter the car is so mint no swirl marks anywhere ! He has it now with a lease the buy out is 16k

Im debating weather or not to take over the payments 16k for a MINT low mile never been moded itr seems like a great deal.
Figure if i finace it would be for 3 years at about 600 a month with intrest because i dont wanna drag it out with a 5 or 4 year loan.

WHat do you think?:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Well as far as the loan goes, if you're responsible enough to make your own payment amount - not just the minimum, take the longest time period you can with a low interest rate. So if the rate is the same for a 3 year loan as a 5 year loan, take the 5 year loan, but pay extra. If you want to pay it off in three years, calculate the 3 year payment and make that each month. Then, if you ever come on hard times, you're not stuck with the higher minimum payment. Plus, if you've been doing this for awhile, you'll get so far ahead that you can skip payments if necessary. This can be a real life saver if you become unemployed or injured or something.

The catch is you have to be responsible - if you're the type that will just make the minimum payment no matter what, get a 3 year loan if you want it paid off in 3 years.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I agree with the guy above. You might not wanna stick yourself with such a high payment especially if something were to fall through. Currently I'm on a five year loan and I sometimes just pay extra a month if I can afford too. I also understand about not wanting to pay so much into interest, I think you can all refinance your car, with interest rates so low right now though that may not be an option.

·
1,379 Posts
On a non-financial note, I have to say, the ITR is one fantastic car, and if you are a fan, this is pretty much the best deal going. I'd go for it if you have the means.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
great car, pretty good price. i would go for it. i would get another daily driver though, as that is going to be a very rare auto 10 years from now. low mileage will make it a one of a kind with the proper care.

dR

·
Registered
763 Posts
proud owner of 98 itr. had no problems at ALL and youll not ever want to get rid of it once you take her out on the twisties and open it up to above 8000 rpm and shift w/ a chirp and then it grabs and your off to the next 8000 rpms and oh my........ ill be back, i feel the need for some twisties !!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts