ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was minding my business heading over to my buddies to play Halo 3 online, and I pull in his townhouse parking lot. This guy hangs his head out the window and says " That sound really good, and sounds like its eager for a race, want to have a friendly race." I said " Ahh what you driving?" he says " Not my car, my friend has an Audi S4". I told him "I'd rather not, unless he has something worth it". He comes back saying " he has a twin turbo setup, he doesn't have much of a challange around here, your wrx sounds worthy". Anyone got any info on the S4's Twin Turbo Setup? How would the following setup due against such a challange:

Invidia Up Pipe
SPT Short Ram Intake
SPT Air Intake Shield
SPT Turbo Heat Shield
Invidia Catless DownPipe
Invidia G200 Exhaust
Cobb Accessport 2.0 running the Stage 2 93 Oct Map

Thoughts? I am not going to race him unless it's a fun friendly race, and it's a safe setup.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i wouldnt do it
plus these do nothing for performance SPT Air Intake Shield
SPT Turbo Heat Shield

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did some research, the some people have done the S4 setup, with twin turbos. Having Sequential Turbos, One Small, that starts things off and one large, that comes in after a short amount of time. It seems stock they are running 250, i can ony imagion twin turbo setups.

Btw ... Temperature is Everything .... :rotfl:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The B5 S4 came from the factory with a 2.7L twin turbo V6 engine that made 250hp. If it's that car, you should race him. If he's stock or even lightly modded, you'd have a good chance at beating him. That being said, the B6/7 S4 comes with the 4.2L V8 making 340hp. If one of those has a twin turbo setup, you better run away now. Even stock those things are fast.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Don't the turbo S4's have a Biturbo set up instead of a twin turbo? But anyways they aren't too fast stock (250hp) but they can be modded to be fast, depends what he has done.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
Run him. Properaly modded bi-turbo S4's are a pretty rare. In my experience, they are usually a chip and an exhaust, and a stage 2 WRX should be able to hang (at the very least). If it is just slightly modified, you should be able to take him. Make sure it is a true race...from a dig, at a track. Don't play the "frumaroll" game as you then toss away your primary advantage.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the information guys, I will let ya know if I find out more. Or if his buddies hang their heads out the window and ask to race again.

Halo 3 FTW

·
Registered
749 Posts
I didn't realize that any of Audi's turbo vehicles used sequential turbos. It's really a waste of technology to me; too much complication for not enough gain. If you ever try to work on a Mk4 Supra's stock setup you'll see what I mean. A pair of plain ol' twins is so much easier.

·
Registered
54 Posts
the b5 s4 has the 2.7l ko3 biturbo setup.if the car is stock,you will walk him bad.if he's chipped and exhaust it'll be a run for your money.those cars tuned go a very long way.the b6 s4 however came w/ the 4.2l v8 engine. you shouldn't be worried.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I had an Audi pull on me on the freeway. It was raining so hard. I couldn't make out what kind of car it was though. Might not have even been a S4. I would be scared they are mean little cars:mad:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wouldn't be worried if it were stock, my co-worker has one and it's not that fast. It's a nice car, but it's just not that impressive. And it's a pc of junk, he has had so many problems with it I wonder why he still owns it.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
A buddy of mine has a S4 with the factory twin setup it's not really that fast. Way faster than an S4, but not STI/EVO territory. Should be a good race with a stage 2 WRX.

A year or so ago at my buddies shop he was installing one of APR's kits on a 2000 A4. They have some nice stuff available.

www.goapr.com

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jeez Thanks lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't do it, they are tough little cars. An APR performance chip and exhaust will boost engine output+ 50HP & +50ft of tq or something like that.

·
Registered
741 Posts
From my limited knowledge, it should be a driver's race. I thought the newer S4s were comparable to the WRX and the RS4 was comparable to the STI. Is that a fair comparison or am I way off?

HALO 3 FTW!
...almost have the katana!

·
Registered
54 Posts
that is a fair comparison.i used to own an audi and the tunes for these cars do a lot. like i said if he's tuned and w/ an exhaust,it should be a very very good race. but if he's stock.you have nothing to worry about.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts