ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Anything can go anywhere with enough sweat and tears...but I'm thinking you're asking if it bolts right up? Given that there was a wholesale redesign in '08, I'm thinking no. :)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
what the hell is a center council?

Edit: OHHHHHHHHH...Console.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I know there is one of the newer styles that is supposed to work. I think it might be 07 limited or something stupid hard to find.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
2002-2007 should be interchangeable, mostly. The easiest swap would be anything 2002-2004, since they shared the same dash. The 2005-2007 could be swapped if you had the dash and central console including the stereo, HVAC, and transmission tunnel.

As Ray said, technically anything is possible, but you've have a serious project on your hands getting a 2008+ dash to work. Even if you got everything trimmed properly, it would be a huge chore to get all the controls and lights working properly too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
swap

haha i didn't realize it said council, my mac auto corrected to that. But yes, my console. Thanks guys..but yeah idk, I might try and put it in and custom fit it. But not have any of the controls for the heat or anything. Thanks guys, ill post after If I do it.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
But not have any of the controls for the heat or anything.
You mean completely remove that functionality? That's a bad idea. Even if you're in a mild climate and don't care about heat or AC for yourself, it's important to have the defrost functions to maintain visibility.

Also, your 2002 HVAC controls will not fit in the center console of anything above a 2004. This might not be such a problem if the controls were electronic and you could splice the wiring or something, but the vent mode and temp controls are mechanical (they manually move dampers in the car), so you're pretty much stuck with your stock controls unless you want to get into VERY serious modifications (i.e. making your own system from scratch).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no...im keeping the stock controls..I was saying I wasn't going to swap that part of the center console, just the shifter and e-brake area. Im still in the process of seeing what I would have to do to fit it.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
...just the shifter and e-brake area. Im still in the process of seeing what I would have to do to fit it.
Ah ok, that makes sense now.

Well for one thing, the e-brake is on the driver's side in the 2008s, so you'd have to figure out how to relocate it in your car. IIRC, the brake assembly is bolted into welded tabs on the chassis tunnel, so you'll likely have some some welding/drilling and tapping to do to relocate that.

Are you doing this for the two cupholders? I'm just curious what your ultimate motive is here.

Sent from my Droid 2

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Nice, I didn't even see that coming... :tongue:
That's what she said? :eek3:

You throw the pitch, I just knock em outta the park, Ray :rotfl:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
:rotfl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts