ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else keep getting CEL's with their unichip?

I installed mine about a week and a half ago and have gotten like 6 or 7 CEL so far. I have [email protected], Uppipe, and Unichip programmed for Vishnu Stage 0. I have noticed that I seem to be getting 2 different CEL's though.

One type of CEL I get is when accelerating (not even full boost), and the CEL will flash like 10 times and then go off. Everything is fine after this occurs.

The other type that I have gotten, are during normal freeway cruising, when boost is at about 0psi + or - for a few seconds, and my CEL will just come on steady and NOT go off. I driven the car for a day and a half and still did not go off. I had to reset the ECU to get it to dissappear. I've gotten this one probably 3 or 4 times already.

I don't have an OBDII scanner and was wonder if anyone else with UniChips have this problem. The car drives wonderful anyother time, and I have never had a CEL before the UniChip, even with the GodSpeed Uppipe.

Any idea's?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also...

Oh I forgot to mention also that I havn't put the colder plugs in from Vishnu yet either...could this be the problem? Shiv said that I didn't NEED them, but he RECOMMENDED them so I got 'em but havn't had the time to change them out just yet. Are stock plugs causeing detonation with the Stage0 map? Or is it something else?

Also all of these CEL's have been when the engine is warm and running for awhile, not when first started.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts