ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot get rid of my CEL with TXS turboback. I took out the MIL and reinstalled it this weekend. Still have the CEL. Now what?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've reset the ECU and CEL comes back shortly. I hope I didn't do something stupid like connect the wrong color wires together. Also, could shortening the O2 sensor wires by a couple of inches have any effect? I think I was a little hasty in my install and now I may have to buy a new O2 sensor and MIL.:mad:

·
Registered
624 Posts
My guess is that the O2 sensor is going to need mounted in the race pipe. That has to be the problem, we have the identical setup and I have no CEL.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who is that on your avitar?:eek:

I want to make sure that I didn't mess up the wire connections, but how hard can it be to match up 4 wires. I hope I didn't do something that stupid.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ashley Judd, she's my girlfriend when I'm in the shower. :D :D :D

Well, hopefully it's something as simple as the connections. If not, I'll bet it has something to do with the O2 sensor not being mounted.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Flyboy said:
Ashley Judd, she's my girlfriend when I'm in the shower. :D :D :D

Well, hopefully it's something as simple as the connections. If not, I'll bet it has something to do with the O2 sensor not being mounted.
Um, yeah. How about keeping her in the shower. That's a scosh racy. Put the full size one in the g/f thread in OT!!!! ;)

DO YOU HAVE A CAT in your exhaust?

-Jim

·
Registered
624 Posts
No cats..........

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Flyboy said:
No cats..........
I hate to break it to you, Flyboy, but MIL eliminator are for HIGH FLOW CATS. Nothing short of a unichip will solve your problem. Check out a resistor setup on, oh sh_t, i-club. There I said it. :D

That MIGHT work.

BTW, I'm driving around with my CEL on now. Would you be interested in selling your MIL elim when you find a new solution?

Let us know your findings!!! :D

-Jim

·
Registered
624 Posts
cnoff is getting the CEL, not me. I have my O2 sensor mounted in my racepipe, he does not. I think that is the problem.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went to elementary school with Ashley Judd. She was in my 5th and 6th grade homeroom classes. She looks much better now.

Well, my unichip will be here today or tomorrow, so we will see if that eliminates the CEL.

·
Registered
624 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:

I hate to break it to you, Flyboy, but MIL eliminator are for HIGH FLOW CATS. Nothing short of a unichip will solve your problem.
-Jim
I don't know who told you that information because I just copied this from Pony Express' website.

'Subaru WRX MIL Eliminators (CEL Fix) - Single Exhaust
Run that offroad up or down pipe,gutted cat, or High-flow catted pipe without getting the dreaded "check engine" or "Service Engine Soon" light caused by your rear O2 sensor.'

It seems to be accurate since I have the offroad pipe and do not have a CEL.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Here's a couple more snip-its from their website.............

"PEP™ MIL Eliminators or Malfunction Indicator Light Eliminators, are electronic modules that prevent the "Check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon" light from coming on when an offroad exhaust pipe is installed on a late-model vehicle with OBD-II emissions systems. If an Offroad non-catted pipe is installed on the vehicle without MIL Eliminators, the "Check Engine" or Service Engine Soon" will always be on, and the driver won't have the opportunity of being alerted if something more serious is wrong with the vehicle. "

"Works with ALL brands of Offroad non-catted pipes, including vehicles with gutted cats."

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Make sure it is the right code you are eliminating. When my friend and I did my uppipe install, I was in charge of the connectors I forgot to plug up that egt sensor. Later on I got the cat ineff. I got the code pulled to be sure. Your o2 sensor HAS to be in the pipe. I don't know why you didn't put it in the race pipe? What are you talking about flyboy?

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Flyboy said:
Here's a couple more snip-its from their website.............

"PEP™ MIL Eliminators or Malfunction Indicator Light Eliminators, are electronic modules that prevent the "Check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon" light from coming on when an offroad exhaust pipe is installed on a late-model vehicle with OBD-II emissions systems. If an Offroad non-catted pipe is installed on the vehicle without MIL Eliminators, the "Check Engine" or Service Engine Soon" will always be on, and the driver won't have the opportunity of being alerted if something more serious is wrong with the vehicle. "

"Works with ALL brands of Offroad non-catted pipes, including vehicles with gutted cats."
That's all well and good, but I know guys with straight pipes and No CEL and guys with cats and MIL and CELs. Guys with unichips and no CEL running no cats, etc. etc. etc.

Each car is different. I think the Unichip is a great CEL eliminator.

I agree to make sure that it is a cat inefficiency code you are looking at.

-Jim

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did have the code pulled and it is the O2 sensor. I decided to not have the bung welded because I didn't think I had to. I am going to try the unichip route first to eliminate the CEL. If that doesn't work, I will get the bung welded. Both of those option seem easier than rewiring that damn MIL again.

In the mean time, I get to take my car back to stock setup so I can get that horrible clutch decel noise warrantied.:mad: :mad: :(

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
cnoff said:
I did have the code pulled and it is the O2 sensor. I decided to not have the bung welded because I didn't think I had to. I am going to try the unichip route first to eliminate the CEL. If that doesn't work, I will get the bung welded. Both of those option seem easier than rewiring that damn MIL again.

In the mean time, I get to take my car back to stock setup so I can get that horrible clutch decel noise warrantied.:mad: :mad: :(
I don't think a unichip will eliminate the cel. The turboxs race pipe stealthbacks came with a bung to install the o2 sensor... Then if you get a cel you could have gotten a PE MIL eliminator.

·
Registered
624 Posts
BamBooI said:

The turboxs race pipe stealthbacks came with a bung to install the o2 sensor...
Some did, some did not. Our batch did not have the O2 bungs welded on, we had to do it ourself.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have a turbo XS stealth back with a race-pipe. I also have the MIL fix and I do not have any CELs and I do not have a Turboxs Unichip.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts