Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and got it pulled at Autozone today... something to do with evaporation aparently. I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in, and it is still there. Any ideas?

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
ebr0t said:
Went and got it pulled at Autozone today... something to do with evaporation aparently. I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in, and it is still there. Any ideas?
it's the typical "gas cap" code. don't worry about it. when i got the car in mid '01, i got it a couple times (before they knew what it was) they replaced the charcoal cannister, and a couple other evaporative emissions crap.

it's a common problem w/ the first gen USDMs, but not an issue. pull it, clear it. drive on.

this is of course assuming you mean P1443 "Evaporative emission control system vent control function problem " i don't list any codes 1446.

dR

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
P1443 could be a bug in the evaporative emission control system vent control function triggered by excessive moisture in the vent control solenoid valve. IT makes the ECU see moisture when there is none.

Reset your ECU (pull the negative battery teminal). If the CEL reappears, check the vent control solenoid valve and the lines to and from it.

Or, your gas cap needs to be tightened.

X

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MisterX said:
Reset your ECU (pull the negative battery teminal). If the CEL reappears, check the vent control solenoid valve and the lines to and from it.

Or, your gas cap needs to be tightened.

X
Thanks X, I pulled the negative battery terminal today and it still was there. Where exactly is the vent control solenoid valve? I've tried the gas cap 3 or so times. And it is still there...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ebr0t said:
Thanks X, I pulled the negative battery terminal today and it still was there. Where exactly is the vent control solenoid valve? I've tried the gas cap 3 or so times. And it is still there...
just to make sure, take off the negative battery terminal cable, press your brakes for 20 sec. and leave it off for another 5-10 min to be sure...

THEN put it back on :cool:

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
RLsChMiDt said:
just to make sure, take off the negative battery terminal cable, press your brakes for 20 sec. and leave it off for another 5-10 min to be sure...

THEN put it back on :cool:
ARG i did that and it was fine, so i went to 7 11, got a slurpee and on the way back it came on... :mad: :( :mad: any other ideas?

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill check the wireing to the UTEC tomm maybe can find something there... anyone have any special idea of what to look for...

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
ebr0t said:
Ill check the wireing to the UTEC tomm maybe can find something there... anyone have any special idea of what to look for...
i don't think the UTEC will help you find an answer. i took mine ot htedealer, and when they replaced everything, it went away for good. it popped back up like 8 months ago, but i cleared it and haven't seen it since.

dR

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
dark_rex said:
i don't think the UTEC will help you find an answer. i took mine ot htedealer, and when they replaced everything, it went away for good. it popped back up like 8 months ago, but i cleared it and haven't seen it since.

dR
yeah, I agree with dR, it's just a coincidence that it popped up when u put in the UTEC.

Try my method AGAIN, but after holding the brake down for 30 sec... let the car sit for a full 45 min. THAT's a full RESET... if THAT doesn't work...hit up your dealer:)

I wish I could give you some more advice...

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RLsChMiDt said:
yeah, I agree with dR, it's just a coincidence that it popped up when u put in the UTEC.

Try my method AGAIN, but after holding the brake down for 30 sec... let the car sit for a full 45 min. THAT's a full RESET... if THAT doesn't work...hit up your dealer:)

I wish I could give you some more advice...
I tried that just now, and it went away, but then when i took it for a drive, turned hte car off then turned it back on, it came back..

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
ebr0t said:
I tried that just now, and it went away, but then when i took it for a drive, turned hte car off then turned it back on, it came back..
:mad: pesky little bastard! :mad:

it's possible you might really have some water in there. i would suggest a trip to the dealer, and don't let them tell you that it's your damn gas cap.

(did you check the gas cap? ;) )

dR

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dark_rex said:
:mad: pesky little bastard! :mad:

it's possible you might really have some water in there. i would suggest a trip to the dealer, and don't let them tell you that it's your damn gas cap.

(did you check the gas cap? ;) )

dR
Heh, Ill head to autozone tomm and make sure that its still the same cel then head to the dealer, ill let ya know how it goes. Thanks for the help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts