Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a CEL today. I was trying to g-tech it when it came on. I had it pulled at auto zone. I think it said P0103, he said it was mass air sensor, high output.

Mods
injen CAI
MBC 14-15 psi depending on gear
hks bov
catless TB exhaust
and i just installed a few day ago
catless up-pipe
VF30

Does anyone know what could have caused this, or what I should do to solve the problem? The guy at auto zone said just check all my connections. See if anything came unhooked. Any other suggestion?

Thanks

·
Registered
699 Posts
Your intake. Take it off, not much you can do about it unless you keep having the cel turned off. You probably already know that the intake really doesn't give you any power so the loss won't be bad except some of the noise.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've had the intake on there for a couple of months. And I haven't had any cel's from it. Why would it just start all of a sudden.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Ambient temperature changes? Altitude changes? Driving conditions? All sorts of reasons.

·
Registered
274 Posts
old thread. So let me add to this...

also the book mentioned that it could be a short in the computer harness or the ecu might be bad.

Symptoms :
wont start all the time
hesitates
high rpm's

I am going to try MAF first and see what happens. I just hope my ecu is not bad.

·
Registered
274 Posts
no I have cobb AP with vf30 map. looking to do protunner soon.

·
Registered
274 Posts
lol um hate to point this out but might want to check the date.

·
Registered
29 Posts
haha not worth posting here since it was two years ago lol but ..

+ 1 hellafast haha i cant believe no one told him that back than... "i just put on a vf30 the other day" haha :rotfl: with mbc at 14psi :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,596 Posts
HAHHA......my jaw dropped till i saw the date of these threads......did they even have EM back then??

As for the code I'd tend to thing CAI/Shortram. I'd take it off and replace with stock unit to see if it helps......If not maybe try swapping maf sensor with someone else and seeing how it drives??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hellafastWRX said:
not you!

im talking about the original poster

racinready300ex: get an AccessPort... now
Wow this is great lol.

Anyway so you all know, I ran that set up for a while with no problems. I did add a uni-chip shortly after with some injectors and everything else. After a while I upgraded the turbo again and switched to a utec.

But, now I don't even have the car anymore. lol. Although I'll add I ran a 50 trim on my srt with no EM, just keep the boost down and check your a/f and you'll be fine. Of course now it's got all the supporting mods, and should be able to make over 400 whp on pump gas. :)

You want scary, there's a local guy running a 20g with no EM or fuel upgardes. And he's ran it up to fuel cut. What's that like 17-18 psi? It's still running, but for how long. And to add to the problem, he's considering putting on a 50 shot dry kit :rotfl: I'm trying to get him on the right path before the car dies, but I don't know if I can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts