ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasn't quite sure where to put this. I was driving home from work today and noticed when i got home that the cel was on. I'm assuming based on previous threads i've posted:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tuning-electronic-engine-management/134348658-stage-1-2-a.html

that it's due to my intake. anyway, i have v1 accessport. so i plugged it in and tried to pull the code, no error codes found. so i just reset the ecu (unplugged battery, pumped brakes) and the cel was gone.

is it a pretty fair assumption that the cel will be from my aem sri? This would make the most sense to me.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
It is a possibility, but it could be one of a thousand different things. If it happens again, pull into an Autozone or other parts store and have it scanned. The AP is not a very good code reader

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a possibility, but it could be one of a thousand different things. If it happens again, pull into an Autozone or other parts store and have it scanned. The AP is not a very good code reader
i realize it could be any number of things but i guess what i'm looking for is with my current setup, a cel is not only possibly but likely, right?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yes, because your tune is not compatible for the intake, your AFR could be off enough to throw a code

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, thanks. that makes sense. if it comes up again (hopefully it doesn't before i get a stock airbox) i'll get it scanned.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the other strange thing is when the cel is on, then the turbo timer kicks on when i turn off the key. yeah i know, turbo timer isn't necessary but the previous owner decided it was a good idea.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Pull the turbo timer off, our cars dont utilize them as they are water cooled. This will take away that problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
just got home. turned off the key, turbo timer kicked on then CEL came on. this is more or less the exact same thing that happened earlier. any thoughts?

i think i'd like to remove the turbo timer. i'm just not sure how to go about doing thing. I do have keyless entry and i'm not sure if removing this could cause issues.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The intake could cause a code with a base map too. Without knowing the code, it's anybody's guess.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Best thing to do would be to pull the cel code and tell us what it is. Then pull out the turbo timer, this should not hurt the car unless you split or disconnect wires going to the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts