Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this 08 WRX Impreza back in January and ran great for awhile.
first issue: Car overheated while driving out of no where so as Im about to pull over my coolant blows EVERYWHERE. so check it out and radiator is blown so are the hoses. that weekend I replace the radiator and all hoses... still over heating. so I switched the stat out as well. ( didn't know I should have and it was right next to the hoses ha) this fixed it for a couple months.
second issue: CEL was on for a O2 sensor... so I replaced the one that was bad.... I believe this would be the upstream or front sensor? One on the passenger side.... everything seemed okay. CEL gone.
third issue: CEL is back with all light on.. Cruise VDC and CEL. codes I have now are a P2096 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System- too lean bank 1. (next to the cat I think)
other codes are C0071 C0042
Just curious if anyone has ran into this situation and how they might have fixed this issue.
any insight is very much appreciated...
I've read on Scooby mods that it could be possible that I have a false CEL as well. but the car does IDLE at 2000 RPM when I first start it does drop pretty low when in drive.

PS: not really a car guy.. I usually just do research and check out YouTube....

thank you,

First Subi owner
-HD

·
Registered
74 Posts
-Idle high on cold start is normal.
-I don't believe in false codes my self.
-Almost all codes appear to disable cruise and throw other lights on subarus from what I've been gather over the last year switching to a subaru.

I would trouble shoot the repairs relevant to the code and I would not try to clear codes until troubleshooting is resolved to insure repair is done correctly

I haven't checked to see what your code is exactly myself and I ask alot of questions myself here because I'm not am expert and there is a few here. But I'd say that sounds like fuel trim going lean could be anything from maf/map issues to air leaking into the system from something you may have touched durring the hose repairs.

That all being said I have had my wire harness damaged and got codes for egr solenoids intermittently and that took a long time to find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-Idle high on cold start is normal.
-I don't believe in false codes my self.
-Almost all codes appear to disable cruise and throw other lights on subarus from what I've been gather over the last year switching to a subaru.

I would trouble shoot the repairs relevant to the code and I would not try to clear codes until troubleshooting is resolved to insure repair is done correctly

I haven't checked to see what your code is exactly myself and I ask alot of questions myself here because I'm not am expert and there is a few here. But I'd say that sounds like fuel trim going lean could be anything from maf/map issues to air leaking into the system from something you may have touched durring the hose repairs.

That all being said I have had my wire harness damaged and got codes for egr solenoids intermittently and that took a long time to find.

copy that sir appreciate the response ! got the 02 so well see!

thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts