ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this is the deal... i have a cell light off (P1088
Tumble generator valve #1 (RH) position sensor circuit low input ) and i dont know what that means... anyways now i dont know what to do... i did have a major exhaust leak coming from the turbo at the up-pipe flange. The flange was missing two nuts and the gasket was blown. I thought after fixing this the CEL would go away but it didnt. So what would you guys do. The aftermarket shop suggests i take off all aftermarket parts (turbo timer, headers, cai, bov. exhaust, dp and utec) then take it back to subaru and have them fix it cause its under warrenty, however i was thinking about just buying a new ECU so i wouldnt have to pay for them to uninstall and the reinstall, or maybe even try to pay cobb to reflash my ECU back to stock. HELP PLEASE thanks

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
First thing to do would be to check the connection on the harness for the TGV on cylinder #1 (front passenger). It might have been knocked loose when your mods were done. The TGV is located between the intake manifold and the cylinder head.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
The same exact thing happened to me, DJRez is correct. Your TGV sensor harness is really close to the turbo/intercooler, and easy to knock loose.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Resurrecting this thread.

Does anyone have a picture of this sensor or something? I just did my UP install, and I'm throwing a P1088 and I can't figure out what's wrong. I checked and I didn't see any plugs that were unplugged. Thanks!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was my TGV senor... i had a huge uppipe leak that melted it. I had to pay 650 w/ install (340) for the whole TGV cause subaru doesnt sell the senor separately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts