ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 WRX with cobb stage 2, helix up/dn pipe, & AEM ram air. I am getting P0304, whixh from doing a search means that there is a misfire in cylinder 4. But while the car is on it blinks which I have heard could also be detonation. How should i go about fixing the problem? Should I hit "reset ECU" on the cobb unit or take of the battery and do a hard reset? Should I get new spark plugs? (if so which kind do I buy) Or what?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same problem last week. I was running the HWG stage 1/93 map. I got misfire on cylinders 1 and 3. I didn't get that blinking that you mentioned though.

I called Cobb and they said that those cel's happens when there’s a sudden change in temperature, which was kinda true in my case.

The fix reset the ecu with the AP and I haven't seen it since. If the cel's go back, I suggest you refrain using the car till you speak with the Cobb guys.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised if that cai was the prob.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great news guys, it was an easy fix. the fourth coil pack's bolt was loose. So after checking the rest of the coil packs and tighting the fourth one. I haven't got a cel since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts