ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background, my car has 3,000 miles and is pretty much stock (performance-wise) except for a greddy cat-back I installed @ 1,000 miles. The CEL started to come out (off and on) about a week after installing the blitz panel filter. Do I need to reset the ecu?

Thanks in advance. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I have never heard of a panel filter causing problems. Might actually be a real problem.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I've heard of this happening before. The problem is caused by excess oil contaminating the MAF sensor. Those things are very sensitive.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excess oil?? from the filter? If that's the case it should go away after a while, right?

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If that's the case you need to make sure that there's not excess oil on your filter. If your MAF goes bad, you're screwed and Subaru will not cover a faulty MAF with a oiled filter.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
The blitz sus filter is steel mesh. Not sure about the panel filter though, but I didn't think it had oil on it either.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The panel is made of the same material as the LM. Basically paper or cotton type. It is disposable and doesn't use oil. It should cause no problem what so ever. Just a hi flo drop in!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts